pigging out!

Options
hi can somebody tell me why i do really well on my eating plan for about a week then i just pig out on crips and choclate at the end of the week araggghhhhh its so irratating!!

Replies

• vidasana87
    Options
    It sounds like you need something or someone to hold you accountable, otherwise you just binge at any moment of weakness. That "something" for me was the HCG diet. I had to stick to a REGIME, where I was literally checking in my weight with someone weekly. I couldn't cheat because I didn't want to have to be held accountable, explain myself, etc.

Good luck. I know it's hard. Sometimes your own willpower just isn't enough.
  • Peap2012
    Peap2012 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I have had that happen too. I think it feels like I might not ever have something I really like again and after a few days, It seems like I want it so I have it and have too much. I hate it when I sabotage myself! Just remember that you can have all foods in moderation, maybe not right now but you don't have to give up anything for the rest of your life unless it is dangerous for you, etc.
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Its not uncommon to do this to ourselves. That was the past... keep moving forward. One bad day (even every 10 days) won't kills you. You can do this!
  • JonnaM0916
    JonnaM0916 Posts: 113
    Options
    I am wanting something sweet! :(
  • stadter
    stadter Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I found that two things help (not that I always abide by them, but they help). One is distraction. If I am not around food, I tend not to think about it as much. The other is making it easier to do smaller portions. So I sometimes pre-portion the things I know I will crave or somehow force myself to put things in a bowl. Having the box of cereal in front of me while i working is/was my weakness. I wouldn't realize how much I was eating.

For some people it's the fact that they feel deprived. For others, it's accountability. For me, it's more not being mindful of what I am eating... runs in the family :-)
  • 2FatToRun
    2FatToRun Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I am wanting something sweet! :(

Frozen red seedless grapes are the bomb! taste like candy.
  • wendy18435
    Options
    Hello-

I know exactly what your talking about since I have the same problem. Because of this terrible behavior, I've labeled myself as a binge eater but that's pretty much the way it is. I've been told if we make better decisions regarding our food intake, and consistantly follow it for at least 20 days, it will actually be imbedded in our brains by the 20th day. I've never gotten to 20 days but this is what I'm told. I just started journaling today so my goal is to journal for at least 20 days to see if I can eliminate this behavior. Try tackling one day at a time. Instead of looking at the long haul, promise yourself you can eat right today and once you get through today maybe reward yourself with a non-food item. Then tomorrow, get through the day and reward yourself again. Try this. I'm good at giving advice but not taking my own. LOL Hope this helps. I'm with you on this journey!
  • JonnaM0916
    JonnaM0916 Posts: 113
    Options
    I am running out of fruit at home. Better go get some more! :) Thanks for the tip!
  • butterfly3703
    Options
    Not without seeing your diary. You may be getting too few calories which makes your body CRAVE!
  • MakingChangesToday
    Options
    I had the same problem for most of 2013. I started writing a journal 18 days ago. Each time I am craving food I feel I should not be eating now I'll make an entry why it feels so important now and remind myself the chips/chocs/whatever are still there in a few weeks time.
    It helped me so far not to binge and eat the occasional treat in sensitive amounts.