Halfway There!! Anyone Else?

Options
So I started my journey this January and have lost 45 pounds to date. I am halfway there at this point and can finally see the end in sight. I started at 200 pounds and currently weigh 155. My goal weight is 110 pounds and not to be "skinny fat" which I feel like I am currently. I lost the weight by eating 1600 calories a day and walking a lot! I also did Power 90 but only did that for 30 days since I can't seem to hang with something that is so monotonous. I need to definitely add more strength training so that I can tone up my core! I also hit the heavy bag at least once a week for 20-30 minutes and have started medicine ball exercises.

Anyone else halfway there or close and feel like they finally are about to reach their ultimate goal? I know sometimes the closer you get the easier it is to slack off instead of pushing harder to get there, which doesn't make sense, but I have done that in the past this is most definitely not my first time losing weight. The closet I have gotten to my goal was 125 and I was still "skinny fat"! Love to hear other peoples stories and keeping motivated once you start feeling good about yourself.

Replies

• rahlpn
    rahlpn Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    That's an incredible amount of weight loss in such a short time! Great job! I'm currently at 33 lbs lost, 42.5 will be halfway. I'm starting Insanity tomorrow so hope to be halfway by the end of April!
  • giggles2giggle
    giggles2giggle Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    i am about halfway there, and i understand what you mean, instead of going to the gym and hitting the weights hard, i've actually slacked of this whole week. and i'll throw in the excuse of work and school and finals, but the truth is, if i want it this bad, i have to make time for it. your doing great and i know we will get there! best of luck to you :D
  • unnur16
    unnur16 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    thats grate ! we are at the same "time" I am also down by 45 pounds and half way there ;)
  • mattschwartz01
    mattschwartz01 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I'm over half way there .... in spirit, that is! :bigsmile:
  • DefyGravity1977
    DefyGravity1977 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I am a little over halfway. I started this journey with 122 pounds to lose at my highest of 272. I am now within 30 pounds of my goal and feeling so strong. I am running which I never thought I would be able to do. it's an amazing feeling
  • MariaYaremchak
    MariaYaremchak Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I am exactly half way to my goal weight. I wanted to lose 25 lbs when I started in Jan and have lost 12.5 lbs to date. I feel like I am losing steam/momentum these past couple weeks. I dont know if I am getting bored or frustrated because I am not seeing the results as I was a month or two ago. My trainer has changed up my workout routine and I am taking a Zumba class to maybe help get things moving again. I definitely thought I would be further along and seeing more changes to my body than I am, its frustrating but I am pushing along!
  • nicarey19
    nicarey19 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I am about a half a pound away from being half way to my goal. So I am hoping next week will be the weigh in that does that:) I only update my ticker on the first of the month. Congrats for you! It has taken me a little over 7 months to get half way! Keep up the good work:)
  • JMJ1983
    JMJ1983 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Congrats on achieving the halfway status!! I remember when I hit Halfway status last October (My half way status also got me out of the obese range and finally overweight!!!) , it definitely gives you the motivation to keep going!!! I am looking so forward to hitting the top of healthy weight range next just under 12 pounds to go then 27.4 to ultimate goal!!

Taking it in little steps, does make it definitely all seem possible!!

Cheers to you!!! :drinker:
  • annlsinger
    annlsinger Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to you. That is just awesome.

I'm just about halfway there! I've lost almost 64 pounds (since October 15). I'll be halfway to my goal in 2.4 pounds! So, hopefully next week. I've been eating 1500 calories per day. And walking 12,000 steps a day. I will say that I reliably get my steps in on Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday. Tuesday-Thursday are much more difficult, but I get in as much as I can on those days. I go to Curves 3 times per week. And just started (on Saturday) the C25K running program.

(And I could use some more friends here, if anyone wants to friend me!)

Thanks for starting the topic.

And congrats to everyone that is halfway (or nearly there).

Ann
  • beckers_99
    beckers_99 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Getting there, within 2 pds. of halfway, can't believe it! Congrats to everyone!
  • bdorri00
    bdorri00 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'll be halfway to my goal weight in about 5 more pounds! This is the least I've ever weighed in my adult life and I'm so motivated to keep going. I've actually started going harder now. My friend that I'm working out with had to convince me to take a rest day today, haha! I still haven't seen a pantsize drop but all my clothes are fitting better (except for my jeans which are getting increasingly looser by the week!) I would say I'm close to a size drop! I also started in January and to know that I've made it halfway in just about 3 months is so encouraging! I believe I'm making changes that I can live with for the rest of my life!

30954935.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • straightedg4lif
    straightedg4lif Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to everyone on all your success and let's keep going!
  • lkniebuehler
    Options
    65 lbs down... 65 lbs to go! Woot woot!! Great job everyone.
  • AmyMgetsfit
    AmyMgetsfit Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I just passed my half way mark 2 lbs ago. I started at 165 and want to lose 40 lbs. I have about 18 more to go to reach my 125 goal.
  • kevinrbarger
    kevinrbarger Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I'm not halfway there yet, but I've lost more than 28 lbs so far and I seriously can't remember when I weighed so little. It was probably in High School. Early High School.

Myfitnesspal has been the only thing that has worked for me that I've been able to stick with. I can't wait to see how I look when it is finally all off.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!