Cant lose weight

Options
Hi, I must admit I loved the program at frist...I lost 17lbs but now the weight isnt coming off...I work out 2hours a day 5 to 6 days a week i have my cal. set at 1200 a day i burn 1200 to 1500 a work out i eat them back give or take 100 to 200 cal. which means im intaking 1100 to 1000....I must admit I eat what I want....but I stay under the cal....and work out! I drink my water...take fiber pills...take vitamins...

please help

Replies

• quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    If you've joined in March and you've only been doing this 8 days then you really need to give it more time. One week's worth of Big Mac's didn't put on the weight - one week's worth of good eating won't take it off. Patience.
  • mbaptiste31
    Options
    I knw...but you know how you submit at the end of the day and it says ur weight in 5 weeks...its not happening for me...the math say 3500 less in cal is a pound...im not losing a pound a week anymore...its been 2months for me since ive been working out,,,and i stop losing weight 2weeks ago now...and i work out even harder now
  • liittlesparrow
    liittlesparrow Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you plateau. Try switching things up a little. Make your work outs a little different and up your calories by a couple hundred for like a week.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    I knw...but you know how you submit at the end of the day and it says ur weight in 5 weeks...its not happening for me...the math say 3500 less in cal is a pound...im not losing a pound a week anymore...its been 2months for me since ive been working out,,,and i stop losing weight 2weeks ago now...and i work out even harder now

Weight loss is NOT linear. You might even gain some weeks (TOM is a jerk like that).

You only have about 30 pounds to go so your loss per week should be 1 pound or less a week.

If you want a set number of calories to eat every day instead of worrying about eating back exercise calories, go here and figure out what that would be:

http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

Don't be surprised if it's 2500-3000 calories, since you workout 2 hours a day.

Also, give this plan 4 weeks before changing anything.

EDIT: You should also make your diary public.
  • flechero
    flechero Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Are you eating your allotment plus your exercise cals back? Or just eating the exercise cals? From the way you wrote it I can't tell... I suspect you aren't eating near enough. (or are grossly exaggerating your burn.)
  • mbaptiste31
    Options
    ok thanks...i may up my cal.. and trick my body...I also read that you should fast for a day to jump start your metabolism...I just know Im trying not to get upset...and im staying of the scale for two weeks
  • mbaptiste31
    Options
    Im eating my allotment plus my exercise cal....and i use a heart rate monitor and watch which calculates my calories every work out
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    ok thanks...i may up my cal.. and trick my body...I also read that you should fast for a day to jump start your metabolism...I just know Im trying not to get upset...and im staying of the scale for two weeks

"tricking your body" and "boosting your metabolism" are fake phrases created by the weight loss industry.

Simply put:

Fuel your body, fuel your workouts, have patience.

EDIT: For more info and input, join Sidesteel and Sara's group here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/833026-important-posts-to-read
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    If you've joined in March and you've only been doing this 8 days then you really need to give it more time. One week's worth of Big Mac's didn't put on the weight - one week's worth of good eating won't take it off. Patience.
    Yeeeeessssss... I need to keep this in mind.