Approaching 50 lbs Lost. Progress Pictures Included!

Options
Sailatsorf
Sailatsorf Posts: 161 Member
So, about two years ago, I started watching what I ate and exercising because I was over 200 pounds, and I really didn't want to be that way anymore. I honestly don't know what made me really want to start getting into shape except that I do enjoy taking walks, and some new acquaintances of mine decided they wanted to start doing just that. So I offered to join them. Little exercise couldn't hurt, right?

Two years and a lot of trial and error later, I have now lost 47 pounds. I know it's not quite 50, but 3 pounds won't make that huge of a difference, and I can't contain my excitement anymore! Okay, on to the pictures...

That's me on the far left. This was taken a few years ago at my heaviest - 214 pounds!
1vNCT0l.jpg

And this is me now, at 167!
5NDEzIi.jpg?2
(Horrible phone picture, sorry!)

As of now, what I'm doing is keeping to a 1200-1300 calorie diet (I have a slow metabolism, so yes, this works for me. I do not feel tired/hungry/etc. It is perfect for me.) I also make sure to keep track of the following macros: Carbs, Fat, Protein, Saturated Fat, Sodium. I walk for an hour (3mph, essentially 3 miles) every day that the weather permits, and I go to the gym and use the weight machines 2-3 times a week.

I still have about 27 more pounds that I absolutely need to lose to be at a healthy BMI. I also have a lot more body sculpting I want to do, especially with my thighs and arms. But I am very pleased with my progress! Sometimes I'll look at myself in the mirror and not feel any smaller at all. But then all I need to do is look at that first picture and know that I am making progress!

Replies

• pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    So, about two years ago, I started watching what I ate and exercising because I was over 200 pounds, and I really didn't want to be that way anymore. I honestly don't know what made me really want to start getting into shape except that I do enjoy taking walks, and some new acquaintances of mine decided they wanted to start doing just that. So I offered to join them. Little exercise couldn't hurt, right?

Two years and a lot of trial and error later, I have now lost 47 pounds. I know it's not quite 50, but 3 pounds won't make that huge of a difference, and I can't contain my excitement anymore! Okay, on to the pictures...

That's me on the far left. This was taken a few years ago at my heaviest - 214 pounds!
    1vNCT0l.jpg

And this is me now, at 167!
    5NDEzIi.jpg?2
    (Horrible phone picture, sorry!)

As of now, what I'm doing is keeping to a 1200-1300 calorie diet (I have a slow metabolism, so yes, this works for me. I do not feel tired/hungry/etc. It is perfect for me.) I also make sure to keep track of the following macros: Carbs, Fat, Protein, Saturated Fat, Sodium. I walk for an hour (3mph, essentially 3 miles) every day that the weather permits, and I go to the gym and use the weight machines 2-3 times a week.

I still have about 27 more pounds that I absolutely need to lose to be at a healthy BMI. I also have a lot more body sculpting I want to do, especially with my thighs and arms. But I am very pleased with my progress! Sometimes I'll look at myself in the mirror and not feel any smaller at all. But then all I need to do is look at that first picture and know that I am making progress!

Wow! Thats a lot of hard work right there! You look wonderful! Awesome job! Keep it up.
  • lepanto
    lepanto Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • 2horsestoride
    2horsestoride Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Great job!

Off topic, but I can't help but ask. What is that large white thing in the background of your "before" pic. A windmill of some sort?
  • Sailatsorf
    Options
    Great job!

Off topic, but I can't help but ask. What is that large white thing in the background of your "before" pic. A windmill of some sort?

It's the NRAO Radio Astronomy Satellite. Biggest one in the nation. We went there on a field trip for our astronomy class.
  • mittens6395
    Options
    Amazing results! Great job!!
  • Omoe11
    Omoe11 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    You look great! Awesome job!!
  • Sailatsorf
    Options
    Thanks, everyone!
  • Janelle173
    Janelle173 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Amazing work!!! You look fantastic! <3
  • Janelle173
    Janelle173 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Amazing work!!! You look fantastic! <3
  • ericnealdavis
    ericnealdavis Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Great job!

It's the NRAO Radio Astronomy Satellite. Biggest one in the nation. We went there on a field trip for our astronomy class.

Is that the one in Greenbank, WV?
  • Sailatsorf
    Options

Is that the one in Greenbank, WV?

Yes, it is!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!