Fourth of July screwed me OVER!

Options
I was doing sooooo well.
Until this weekend.
All I saw was sweet, juicy food, and I lost it.
I probably had like 5000 calories!
I didn't even want to know because I was ashamed!
Then, today I also when to town on food.
And right now, I'm eating a cup or ducle de leche ice cream.
I'm a mess.
I really hope I get back to it tomorrow.
Because my diet prior to this mess was good.
I even lost 5 pounds in a week.
I was finally not in the 180s, but like the 170s...
I'm probably in the 180s again right now.
I'm not going to check until next week.
I don't want to be scale obsessive.

Replies

• nikki91950
    nikki91950 Posts: 647
    Options
    Don't get discouraged and don't give up. So you've been off it for two days! Big deal! Tomorrow's a new day with new opportunities! Just start over and don't let your little mistakes define who you are! :):):) You can do it!
  • jnsangel33
    jnsangel33 Posts: 49
    Options
    Don't feel bad. I went way over (probably) on calories this weekend, too. However... I have NOT met my calorie goal ONCE this week, so am hoping that I didn't do too much damage. Don't be so hard on yourself. We cannot be great everyday! :) Just get back at it!!
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Don't worry - move on. Work it off and stock up on healthy snacks and fat free Dulce du Leche frozen yogurt!
  • lds25
    lds25 Posts: 68
    Options
    Things happen, but remember that tommorow is another new day and it gives you another chance to start all over again. Dont give up ... just know that you can do this!
  • ShastaAngel
    Options
    MMMMmmmmmmmmmm Dulce de leche... okay let me focus lol

The fourth of July is traditionally BBQ-y fatty food beer drinking kind of holiday. I blew it too... pull up the boot straps, focus on all of the GOOD you have done, and don't let 2 days ruin all of your hard work. You did not gain weight in just a day or two and you know it takes more than a day or two to take it off. Don't sweat just ONE weekend. You can get back on the horse... you've done it before... you are strong and beautiful and you can do anything!!!! You ARE a warrior!!!

xoxoxo here's to a great and successful tomorrow!
  • dtraylor
    dtraylor Posts: 32
    Options
    I don't know for a fact, but I have a funny feeling that when we really binge, our bodies can't process all the food. I mean we might eat 10,000 calories on a real bad (or good) day, but assuming we do not run a marathon that day, does that mean we have actually added 10,000 calories minus our daily burn to our system, or does some of it just pass through us, like excess vitamins, without being properly digested (and therefore stored as fat)? Anybody see any studies to this effect?
  • LettyM62
    LettyM62 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I think that about 99% of us fell off the wagon this weekend. We'll just have to get back on it as soon as possible.
  • eliaison
    eliaison Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I went on vacation from June 30- July 5. There was no internet, so no logging into mfp. I did "okay" the first 3 days, generally eating a maintenance amount, lots of walking and sight-seeing, even did 30 mins of cardio one morning. Remembered to drink water.

But July 4 and 5 I went ahead and indulged in good food, desserts, sweets and treats. I know I went WAY over and don't know how much.

Today, however, I am back at work, and though I NEVER do this (this is the first time) I am doing ONE - just one- day of under-eating to try to "average out" my weekly intake. I know it's not a good idea to go into "starvation mode" and I don't want to mess up my metabolism.

But today my goal is to drink 8 full glasses of water or MORE, and eat very small meals and snacks, adding up to no more than 1,000 calories (which is under my daily goal by 550 cals).

It gives me a sense of kick-starting my return to logging in and going back to normal (eating on a budget of 1550 cals and exercising). It may not do anything to this weeks weigh in, but if I'm at all lucky (and my body is in the mood) maybe I'll lose a little water retention or something and find that I didn't lose too much ground.

My best case scenario would be: when I weigh in on Thurs am, I am the same measurements and weight as the last time. Nothing gained, nothing lost. We shall see!