Stuck at a weight.

Options
Hello everyone! I've been stuck at like...128 now for a about a month and while I'm happy the number is low I am wondering why I am not going down at all.

I am 5'5", female and have just uped my calories to about 1400 calories a day. I don't work out as much as I'd like, but I shoot for three days a week. I recently started working two jobs (a hostess at a restaurant and at Taco Bell). I'm hoping that maybe that extra walking around will help but I'm just curious if anyone has any ideas as to what has caused my stagnation?

Thanks! :)

Replies

• SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    I cannot see your food diary but considering you just upped your calorie intake to 1400 my guess is you needed to eat more to begin with but kept your calories low... low calories will make you lose weight but obviously are not a number you can maintain with health. My guess? Eat about 1600 to 2000 cals and work out to get your deficit for the day. I only average 5lbs a month. I am 5'8" 145lbs and started two months ago at 155lbs. When I use to "starve myself" I could lose 10lbs a month (and stopped losing at 129lbs) but then I would be so hungry I would eat normal (say 1400 to 1800 without work out) and gained all the weight back.

Just saying.
  • rumaroo
    rumaroo Posts: 8
    Options
    I'm not starving myself. I was thinking that maybe I should try to eat more and see how that goes. Maybe I'll up it to a solid 1600 and see where that takes me. I'm not looking to lose a ton of weight...only to maybe 120-125, if that. Thank you! :D
  • S0nsh1ne
    S0nsh1ne Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I was stuck during the month of March and now have lost a few pounds during the first week of April. I guess sometimes it just happens that way.
  • mishdcmfp
    Options
    You might be at your ideal weight for your body. You're 5'5" and weigh 128 lbs, what is your goal? You need to look at more than the number on the scale, such as your bmi, waist to height ratio, etc.
  • the_green_midget
    the_green_midget Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Based on your height, it seems like you're already at a healthy weight. Someone your height would have a healthy BMI from 115-145 lbs. Maybe your body is done losing weight? If you still feel kind of flabby, it might be worth building some muscle by doing weight training. Do you know your body fat percentage?
  • rosha267
    rosha267 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Eat more apparently...
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    When you up your calories it can take a while for the body to re-adjust to the higher calories before you start losing again.
  • rumaroo
    rumaroo Posts: 8
    Options
    Thanks for all the feedback.

Yeah, the more I think about it the more maybe the rest of my goal isn't going to be so much diet related weight loss but perhaps from working out and toning up. I just get so caught up sometimes in the numbers and don't think clearly. I'm going to try eating more and working out/toning. Problem is I just don't eat a lot to begin with, but I'll have to really try. :)

I'll have to take some measurements this week and see from there. I don't know my body fat percentage...is there a way at home to find out?
  • magpie0
    magpie0 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Try lowering your carbs a bit and raising your protein. You're at a pretty low weight and I don't think that increasing your calories would help. Maybe lower a tad.
  • Hexahedra
    Hexahedra Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Your BMR is supposed to be 1559 calories, so even eating at 1400 would still put you in starvation mode. To let your body start burning fat again, you need to eat at least 1700 calories a day.