9 week weight loss challenge

Options
Hey!

I'm starting a 9 week weight loss challenge.

30DS, 1 hr cardio, and 2 days a week the p90x yoga.

Looking for a buddy, you don't have to do what im doing but we can all motivate each other until June 14th!

Replies

• Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I challenge you!

I do the Shred occasionally, elliptical, weights, zumba, and walking.

What are your weight loss goals?
  • estey89
    estey89 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I am currently 166 and would like to be 140. My partner is away for 9 weeks so I thought it would keep me busy and healthy to start exercises and eating right !
  • Steph_135
    Options
    26 lbs? OK - My ultimate goal is 38 more lbs, but I would settle for 26 (or anything, haha). That would be a sweet surprise for your sweetie. It's a lot for a 9 week challenge though. I think the cardio will be key. What are your food goals?
  • Steph_135
    Options
    Day 1 - what have you done?

I did JM's DVD: Burn Fat Boost Metabolism (BFBM), and wanted to turn it off on the 5th of the 6th circuits, but I made it all the way through. Tomorrow will be an "arms" day for sure. My eating was decent cause I was out most of the day, so boredom eating didn't find me.
  • Charlyef
    Charlyef Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I would love to join the challenge. I'm "5'2" 169.4. Im going to be realistic with my goal, my goal is 140, at least.
  • Steph_135
    Options
    Charlyef... Great goal! You can definitely do it! What will you be doing activity- and food-wise to make it there?

So, I figured it out, and assuming we "started" yesterday, June 15th will be the end of this challenge.
  • meghanmaeandrews
    meghanmaeandrews Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'll join you gals. Always looking for ways to stay motivated. I am currently 186, my ultimate goal is 150 so 36lbs more for me. I try to walk everyday and I also have several Biggest Loser DVDs that I rotate through.

Today I walked for 35 minutes, and did 50 mins of the weight loss Yoga DVD.
  • princess4mimi
    Options
    I will be mostly doing Zumba, but I could probably add some surprise Cardio too....
  • channy70
    channy70 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I'm in, I am 5'0", 187lbs, my 9 week goal 27lbs.
  • Steph_135
    Options
    Hi meghan, princess, and channy.

I'm still trying to eat better. Yesterday I was out ALL DAY so I didn't get to workout like I wanted to. I have a project due Saturday night that I have barely started, so I can't see much working out tonight. Once it's out of the way, I know I will have less on my mind, less procrastination, and can workout consistently again. Aiming to at least lift some weights tonight.
  • Jdiaz72
    Jdiaz72 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Yes I need this!

I am 5'10, 165 lbs and my goal is 150-155. Depends how my clothes fit! Can you add me please??
  • Steph_135
    Options
    Jdiaz... Consider yourself added. This is all pretty unofficial right now. Glad to have you with us.
  • Steph_135
    Options
    Tomorrow we will be 1 week into the challenge. I encourage everyone to check in! I feel like I've been doing really good the past 2 days - today will make it 3 in a row! Have a great day everyone!
  • momlalie
    momlalie Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I would love to join in! I'm currently weighing in at 187 lbs, my ultimate goal is 160 (at least for now).... for the 9 weeks I would like to lose around 15 lbs. I'm needing some extra motivation to keep me going as my weight loss has been slow, even the weeks I'm really "good", and this sounds like the ticket!
  • kodakmemories
    Options
    This is perfect for me!! I've got a goal to lose 15lbs by June 14th but aiming for 20lbs. I'm doing the 30DS and extensive amounts of cardio 6 days a week.

Feel free to add me!!
  • Steph_135
    Options
    Today is check-in day (or at least sometime this week... I check in on Tuesdays), and welcome to week 2! How are things going with everyone?

Hi momlalie and kodakmemories!

Here are the stats for last week:

350unua.jpg

When you update your weight, I will update the chart, and post a new one sometime mid-week. I will also work on making it the right size, and add new people.
  • mistij68
    mistij68 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I would love to join your weight loss challenge. I was looking for one of these for awhile. I've been trying to start a diet and exercise since January, but I finally started with my husband last week. So this will be great for me a little support goes a long way. Good for you for starting a weight loss challenge on you own , Kudos to you! I'm 5'-4" and I weigh 155lbs ,my goal is to be 120. We'll see how that works. I don't know how much I'll lose in the 9 weeks but I'm giving myself until the end of July to reach my goal. So good luck to you!
  • treenuh_x
    treenuh_x Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I would love to join! I'm currently doing the 30 Day Shred (day 4) with 3-4 days of cardio mixed in and some randomly added strength training. I could always use more support, and would love to give you support. Anyone can add me if they feel they want to. :)
  • tinacuso
    tinacuso Posts: 4,256 Member
    Options
    I would love to join this challenge.
    I have been doing the elliptical, walking and the treadmill 5 or 6 times a week for approximately 25 miles/week
    Now I need to stay under calories and I feel I will make some progress.

I am 5' 6" and weight 166 and I would love to get to 156.
  • kikirichards
    kikirichards Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join, i'm currently 163 and aiming for 145...