Strange Pets?

Options
2»

Replies

• Territravel
    Territravel Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Would you call a miniature donkey strange? After my horse lost her foal, I got the mini donkey to keep her company. Of course she thinks, he's her baby. Sorry, haven't figured out how to post pics.
  • kathyc727
    kathyc727 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    BUMP for later
  • tjs616
    tjs616 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    When people first come to my house, my sphynx runs right up to greet them and I often get asked "Is that a cat?". I've heard he looks like an alien, ET, a rat, Yoda, etc. Sphynx aren't actually quite hairless, they are covered in a fine down, and petting them is like touching the softest suede you can imagine. My guy has a HUGE personality, and he is the best cat I've ever met hands down.

291275_10150336288695769_620625768_8101267_1579452543_o-1.jpg

167538_10150112686420769_620625768_6272371_3755482_n.jpg
  • CheriLMT
    CheriLMT Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I have a hamster named Hammy(by my 2 year old nephew) I got a divorce and he kept my dog and two cats and I was heartbroken until Hammy came into my life!
  • the_green_midget
    the_green_midget Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I have some adorable pet snails.

file_zpsdf458d86.jpg

file_zps839ad0e3.jpg
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I have two cats, a lionhead rabbit, two tortoises, red eye tree frogs, vietnamese mossy frogs, firebelly toads, salamanders, a newt, three types of geckos, and four tarantulas. Well, I don't take credit for the tarantulas. That's ALL my husband's doing.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    My dog and cat are strange. They are both female and the dog is always humping the cat. Not sure what she gets out of it :laugh:
  • skinnytayy
    skinnytayy Posts: 459
    Options
    For now I just have a cat & a dog. Both are incredibly awesome though. I did have a snake that I caught in my yard and rescued from another cat I had at the time. I REALLYYYYYYYYY want a pet raccoon though ... but I don't think I'll get one living in LA because from what i've read, you can't have exotic pets here. =(
  • BlisterLamb
    BlisterLamb Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    When people first come to my house, my sphynx runs right up to greet them and I often get asked "Is that a cat?". I've heard he looks like an alien, ET, a rat, Yoda, etc. Sphynx aren't actually quite hairless, they are covered in a fine down, and petting them is like touching the softest suede you can imagine. My guy has a HUGE personality, and he is the best cat I've ever met hands down.

I know he's probably your baby and very sweet, but that is a SCARY picture! Looks demonic! If I woke up and saw that looking down at me I'd probably wet the bed!
  • amyoliver85
    amyoliver85 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I have two cats and four chinchillas. The cats are not so strange though they both have a little maine coon in them so they're getting HUGE.
  • OMGeeeHorses
    OMGeeeHorses Posts: 732 Member
    Options

I know he's probably your baby and very sweet, but that is a SCARY picture! Looks demonic! If I woke up and saw that looking down at me I'd probably wet the bed!

Le gasp!! its not demonic its so adorable!! I have always wanted a sphynx but I was a lucky woman when my kitty Mr.Kits chose me! He was a stray and worm filled and just so pathetic looking it was sad that anyone would abandon him. What was more shocking is when I brought him to the vets they said he was already fixed :noway: I was all happy about it, but still upset that people can get pets and just throw them away....BUT ANYWAYS!!! He is my fluffy ball of joy and is a real cuddlier. I also have a Shiba Inu dog, he looks like a little fox and is a hyper out of control treat hound :). ( if I could figure out how to add pics I would add one but dunno how)
  • tjs616
    tjs616 Posts: 51 Member
    Options

LOL I call this his Mr Burns (from the Simpsons) impression. Plotting to take over the world! In reality, he was fast asleep and when I called his name, he half opened his eyes and looked at me. He is the absolute sweetest and very social. He is always in the middle of the action, and his main goal every day is to find someone willing to let him curl up with them for as long as possible.
  • RobinRayn
    RobinRayn Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I once had a hairless rat named Ruby who ended up being pregnant and having 11 babies. I kept the two hairless girl rats and named em Jade and Opal. They were awesome pet!
  • Sieden76
    Sieden76 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Yay for all of the rats. I've had lots of rats and also ferrets. Right now I have cats but I plan to get some prairie dogs and a few more rats when I get a bigger place.
  • taaaters
    taaaters Posts: 70
    Options
    Those Benegals are just so adorable! Other than a Dogue De Bordeaux and DDB x Neo Mastiff x Aussie Bulldog, I have seven pythons... being an Aussie, they're all Australian pythons, we can't own "exotics". I used to have two bearded dragons, too, but sold them a little while back when we moved to a new house.
  • maiaroman18
    maiaroman18 Posts: 460 Member
    Options

OMG I have a friend that has two... I LOVE them!!! and the expression in the first picture is awesome.
  • joleenl
    joleenl Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Do you mean strange pets as in rare pets? Or strange pets as in they act strange? I have 2 English bulldogs, they aren't rare but they are strange. Love my bullies!
  • violet976
    violet976 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    lol. I actually own The Rat Stash & now work closely with Guinea Pig Market sewing hammocks & hideys for small animals. I myself own 3 cats & 3 rats that have pretty much taken over my life. <3

I guess my avatar pretty much sums me up. :p

KaleidoscopeE: Smeezes & hoodies... those melt my heart. So glad to see a fellow member with the same love for rats.

Sunshinestate: Beautiful piggies. I owned just one when I was little but sadly did not have the knowledge of proper care and housing that I do now. Since working with the Market I now see a lot more photos & videos of happy piggies popcorning around, and they really do look like such wonderful, interesting pets. I love all the "wheeking".

You're on Goosemoose, aren't you? I'm SatiricalWoman on there! And, I *think* I have your page "like" on FB too. Small world.

lol. how funny. Yes, I am certainly on Goosemoose, RatShack forum, you name it. Small world indeed. I think many of the die-hard rat owners tend to find their way to Goosemoose eventually. There is just such a wealth of knowledge and experience there.