Ermahgerd!! Heaviest I've EVER been!

Options
:noway:

Hi Everyone,

I weighed myself this morning and got a shock. I knew I was getting heavier. My clothes were getting tighter, levering myself off the couch was a Harlem Shake in itself and walking out to collect the mail has been the extent of my daily workout for a while now. However, after reaching the low that only those who have had the weigh in shock can reach, I've decided enough is enough. I saw the ad for 'Free' Weight Watchers for two weeks, went on to their website, realised it was a con (you still have to pay about $75 upfront) and then found the haven that is My Fitness Pal. And it's free!! Amazing!

Looking forward to getting stuck into my weight loss journey (well, I'm already at the starting point... I entered my breakfast into my food tracker already :ohwell: ) That, too, gave me a fright. But anyway, onwards I go. Also looking forward to meeting you all and following all your progresses!

Have a lovely day!

Replies

• Stutz77
    Stutz77 Posts: 113
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. Feel free to add me :0)
  • candymara
    candymara Posts: 49
    Options
    Welcome! Be sure and check out the app for your phone! Being able to log your food using a barcode scanner totally saved me from giving up. I'm lazy, obviously (hence being overweight) and typing in calories was getting annoying. Now I just *beep* my way through my day! Just about everything has a barcode and it encourages me to grocery shop for my food instead of drive thrus! No barcode on the mcDonald's box!

Anyways, best of luck on your journey and Stick With It! You can do it :) This community is a wealth of support, motivation and knowledge. Enjoy your time on MFP!

Candace
  • S0nsh1ne
    S0nsh1ne Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I was the same place you are 3 months ago and just lost 20 lbs and below 200 for the first time in years. You can do it too. Good luck!
  • TT64
    TT64 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Hi! Welcome, I'm new too! Please feel free to add me as a friend! This site is really great, and I believe this time I will succeed, and you will too!
  • moodyshannon15
    moodyshannon15 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Elloo :)
  • eag264
    eag264 Posts: 116
    Options
    welcome! How much do you have to lose? Nevermind! none of my bizz lol but I have about 100 lbs to go. Feel free to add me!

GOOD LUCK!
  • jalloggio
    jalloggio Posts: 141
    Options
    Welcome, mfp is a good way to stay on top of your nutrition.

as far as working out goes pm me i have tons of workouts on my website :)
  • mittens6395
    Options
    Welcome :)
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Hello and Welcome to MFP!! The Weigh In may have been a shock, but you are in the right place to make a Huge Lifestyle Change. All it costs is Patience, Persistence, and remembering to Enjoy The Journey!!
  • Wildflowerangel
    Wildflowerangel Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    levering myself off the couch was a Harlem Shake in itself

Teehee. I literally lol'ed when I read that because I definitely know how that feels. Anyway, welcome to MFP, and I wish you success in your weight loss goals! Feel free to add me. :smile:
  • badtastebetty
    badtastebetty Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Way to go! This site has been amazing for keeping me on track!
  • EHisCDN
    EHisCDN Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, I'm pretty new too but MFP is a great way to keep yourself on track! Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • thefoursome
    thefoursome Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! I know you're going to love it here!!!
  • nurse_beck
    nurse_beck Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome!! You can do this! Just stay focused and determined. My mfp pals are my lifeline's some (most) days! :) Feel free to add me, if you'd like! \
    Becky :)
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Add me if you want,
  • lindaking47
    Options
    :smile: Good luck!! Here if you need me!! Add me
  • MSam1205
    MSam1205 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    You have taken the first step by being here... It will have its ups and downs, but your profile pic says you have the right mindset! So welcome to a new you!
  • deadbeatsummer
    deadbeatsummer Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Hello, you made the right choice! MFP is a great site and there are plenty on here that have lost 100lbs + without spending a penny.

If you have a smartphone, download the app, it's a really easy way to log your food on the go. Make it part of your life and stay within your calories, eating back exercise calories and get involved with the message boards on here. There are a lot of people with great advice, some not so much - but the more you make this part of your life, the bigger the results are going to be.
  • mamashel
    mamashel Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Other than when I was pregnant (both times), have not been this heavy. And, I can totally relate to getting off the couch (lol).

This is a journey. I am learning new things every day about myself and living a healthier lifestyle.
  • xaniza
    xaniza Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Love your use of ermahgerd <3 add if you'd like. I'm trying to get back into it. Oof!