What does a gram look like?

Options
I love it when you type in your food and it asks how many grams you ate.
Twice today, ... once I had 6 white grapes and it asks me if I had 100 grams. Well IDK, how much is 100 grams?
Then I had one slice of bread for lunch w/ albacore tuna in water, (maybe one of those whole small cans or less. Again, it asks me how many grams?
I know, I know, I know .... I need a food scale but in the meantime can somebody give me a little guideline to go by.

Thanks <3

... OH, and while I'm asking questions, (totally unrelated), I plan to treat myself to a VERY rare Starbucks cappuccino tomorrow for a random GF date, and I don't drink cow's milk. Is that Soy light stuff they offer pure crap? (And again I guess it depends on who you ask. I TRY to follow a pretty healthy/clean diet and there is good soy and bad soy, (meaning the one that's in EVERYTHING and no you really don't need more of it.)

No offense to anyone, that's a complicated question, but unless you are very well educated on good soy vs. bad soy please skip the question all together. I have a pretty good idea and don't need any confusion. FYI - I do not sweeten my coffee so no need to adresss the sugars.

I really do appreciate your time, concern and replys. I just need really accurate advice on this.

Thanks in advance!!!!! :drinker:

Replies

• flechero
    flechero Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    free app called "converter+" I use it almost every day... for logging or cooking.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    It's called a kitchen scale.

The tuna will have the grammes on the packet, and if the bread is 12 slices just divide the total weight of the pack (it'll be on the packaging) by the number of slices.
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Just like fat and muscle you can't compare grams of one food to grams of another. Kitchen scale or find value matches something you can grasp like 1/2 container, 1 slice, etc
  • skinnytayy
    skinnytayy Posts: 459
    Options
    As far as I know, a gram of one thing can look totally different then a gram of something else. I'm not too familiar with grams though, to be honest. BTW, I was able to find a decent kitchen scale at walmart for $5. Its pretty small and not digital but it got the job done for the time I used it. Might be something to look into until you can get something better.
  • suv_hater
    suv_hater Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Thread title is gonna make me relapse.
  • caly_man
    caly_man Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    1 US penny = 2.5 grams

1 US nickle = 5 grams

therefore

20 nickles = 100 grams
  • pet1127
    pet1127 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Thread title is gonna make me relapse.

lol when I saw grams I wasnt thinking tuna lol
  • aberc
    aberc Posts: 98
    Options
    Get a food scale. Cost me $25 at target, but it's my new best friend. I use it ALL the time and I love it!
  • gscott5446
    Options
    There are 28 grams in an Ounce.
  • ajschust27
    ajschust27 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Ask your local drug dealer. It's their business to know.
  • Mavrick_RN
    Mavrick_RN Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    IMG_08742_zpsac462a5f.jpg

1 kiss = 5 grams

IMG_08752_zps1f0765b6.jpg

6 kisses = 28 grams = 1 ounce

Is this helpful?
  • skinnytayy
    skinnytayy Posts: 459
    Options
    Ask your local drug dealer. It's their business to know.

^ THIS.
    =D
  • Cheeky_0102
    Cheeky_0102 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    100 grams is just under 1/4 lb if that helps... at least that helps me with most things