year post partum, looking to find motivation friends

Options
Hello all,

My daughter just turned a year old last week and it's freaken me out because I'm not really getting this post partum weight off. It might not help being married to a "jack *kitten*" (that's what my 84 year old grandmother calls him, lol) . He says a bunch of degrading things to me... and I guess that is where it would be awesome to meet some uplifting friends to help me get motivated and not feel alone... at least better then someone always on my back to lose weight and make me feel like crap. I mean it would feel good to lose weight and tell my hubby off and be like... yeah who looks good now and ummm I'm not the only one who gained weight, he looks preggers!!!! Ok, I'm bad but anyways if there is any other post partum mama's out there or any girls (sorry, my husband would freak if I added guys) who need motivation friends then please add me.

Oh and the pics on my profile... yeah that was the good ole days... like 70 to 80 pounds ago... :( I gotta get back to looking that good again. :,(

Thanks,
Heather

Replies

• ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    My daughter turned one last week too, although my husband's not a *kitten*, feel free to add me.
  • KristiCastro27
    KristiCastro27 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I can TOTALLY relate! My baby (first) turns a year old tomorrow and I am still 15 lbs heavier than when I got pregnant with her and I needed to loose about 35 lbs then... so I need to lose a total of about 50 lbs! I'd love some motivation as well! Feel free to add me! Good luck!!
  • lina011
    lina011 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    hi there my baby is nearly 9 months old i have 10 pounds to loose ive been slack lately but needing to aim at that goal again, feel free to ad me im here nearly everyday:) lol my partner would kill me too if i found out i had guys on here....... silly i know
  • Lisamonicacarlson
    Lisamonicacarlson Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You can add me as a friend... Two babies here for me. I was doing so good then started eating like a pig last week. I can't seem to get my midsection weight off...it all lingers there and ticks me off. I am starting over tomorrow and WILL succeed.
  • lindaking47
    Options
    Im not post partum, but Im here for you. Add me as a friend. You dont pay any attention to "jack *kitten*" You can do this, dont let him get you down. Those mean things get to us & it dont help to motivate us. But sounds like he is going to degrade you about anything he can. So you need to remember, this is for you. You are worth it!! You want to feel proud of yourself!! You are not alone please try to feel loved. Your grandmother is right, and she loves you very much. You are special and you can fo this, do it for "YOU"!!
    When you feel "fat" You feel unworthy of others. Its a terrible feeling, Im there with you. So lets remind each other that you can do anything you set your mind to !Cause you are worth it!!
  • bigcrystal123
    bigcrystal123 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    My babies r 4 and 2 now and in feb i just started this weight loss road.i was at my highest weight before joininv my fitness pal.i weigh 193.i started here at 188.i am now 175.its hard when u have little ones but us moms cab do it.i have alot of people saying oh ur gonna quit soon like u always do.but not this time im gonna prove them wrong.so if anyone wants to add me ur more then welcome to
  • pmermakov
    pmermakov Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! My baby is 4 months old. I have lost about ten pounds since I started to diet at the beginning of March. Could someone explain to me how to add the cute weight loss ticker? Thanks!
  • RyanneRose
    RyanneRose Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    My baby just turned one a month ago! I have a good 60-something pounds to lose to get myself back, still. I'm late about getting serious about losing, but I thought it would be so much easier than it was! Happy to help be supportive on your journey!
  • JessHealthKick
    JessHealthKick Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I don't have a baby but I am probably the most clucky 21 year old out there! I have read a lot on these forums/interwebs and can help you with making healthier choices if you like :) feel free to add!

Hard to know what to say about your husband... I think my partner would know that if he says anything unkind to me then he will be left single :) I don't think it's fair if he says these degrading things to you and says you can't have male friends - obviously he is incredibly insecure and unhappy with himself as well, poor thing!

Anyway, good luck with your journey (not that yo need it). Welcome to the MFP community :)
  • ClassicStyles
    Options
    Baby Weight 101

With my first baby at 9 mos. I was 180
    With my second baby at 9 mos I was 200
    With my third baby at 9 mos I was 220.

Today, I am 225 and 10 lbs lighter than I was a month ago. My youngest is 14. Getting it off now is the best thing you can do.
    You are doing the right thing by working on the weight now. It is very important to get back down to where you started (if you can) to stay healthy. I am the best example of what you do not want to do when going through multiple pregnancies over a few years. Not having a supportive partner can greatly influence your self image - so keep your health and the health of the baby at the top of your "I'm doing this for me list". Resentment towards him does not help, just do it for you and your baby and you will feel fabulous. That postpartum depression doesn't help either - so if you feel any of that coming into the picture... take care of yourself and see a doc. Good Luck Hon.
  • mombieocalypse
    Options
    My babies are 10, 8 and just turned 10 months. I have over 100lbs to lose and none of it is from my pregnancy. I got heavier between each one and even after my most recent I was down 30lbs pre-preg by the time he was 10 weeks old. Then it came piling back on with a vengeance. I cannot and will not get any bigger. I plan on getting a big chunk of the weight off in a years time and hitting my goal weight in about 18-20 months. Feel free to add me.
  • pmermakov
    pmermakov Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I found the ticker info on the app area of this site. :smile:
  • Blueapple222
    Blueapple222 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Twins just turned 10 months....I am still heavier now the full term preg with them. Got a long way to go...one step at a time ;)
  • kcrxgirl
    kcrxgirl Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    It took seeing myself in pictures of my daughter's 1st birthday party to really get me motivated to lose weight (I was 20 lbs heavier than my pre-pregnancy weight).

It's ok for you to want something for yourself and to spend time on yourself to reach that goal. You can do this!
  • myriddian
    myriddian Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    OK first up, your hubby needs a boot in the *kitten* for being a a-hole.

Secondly, if he wants you to be 'sexy' then he needs to offer you support, motivation and assistance.
    That means eating well with you, looking after the kids so you can exercise and not sooking that your not having beer and pizza for dinner.... is he overweight also, cause obviously it goes two ways!

If he want's to eat the cake, he needs to help bake it!

Friend request sent!

Also I have a 4 and 1 year old so hearing you on mummy frustrations!
  • novasis
    novasis Posts: 4
    Options
    Wow, I'm speechless to all of these very kind and supportive responses and new friends. Ok, I'm gonna get to do this. Starting tomorrow/well today my time. I will start documenting all I eat... I guess just go from there and if anyone has any advice then let me know. I've been watching some food choice video's in my PE class at college and I'm really thinking on trying to become 75% vegan... other 25% small portions of PROVEN meat. For my class we watched "Fat Head", "Supper Size Me", "Forks Over Knives" and just the other day we watched "Hungry For Change". They are all very interesting but "Forks Over Knives" is what is totally capturing my attention. It basically talks about how our diets is killing us with cancer, heart disease, diabetes and so forth and with a change in diet these diseases can be reversed... I was really like WOW, kinda want to try it but the idea of leaving all meat out feels kinda nuts. Like in "Fat Head" the guy mentioned how we have eaten meat since the beginning of time so just logically it seems like the right thing to do but importantly paying attention to portion size. Anyways, any feedback if anyone has watched these, is welcomed!!!
  • kts3639
    kts3639 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel!!! When my first was almost a year old, I finally decided to get my *kitten* into gear and lose weight. About a month in, I found out I was pregnant with my now 4 month old son. I had even more weight to get off since I waited so long with my first. I decided to get moving as soon as I was cleared at my 6 week check. For me, it's all about portion control. I can sit and eat large portions and not even realize it (fast eater). Also, I am making some healthier choices and exercising for about a half hour twice a day. I find it easier to do shorter, more intense workouts with the kiddos rather than long workouts. Makes me not dread it and resent having to work out since I am having to use nap times (i.e. me time, lol).

Also, I am sorry to hear about your husband. My husband and I have had our rough patches, but he has never made me feel bad about myself, or put me down because of my weight. I'm not sure I would be able to handle that, or put up with it. I hope that you can find a way to make yourself happy, whatever solution that may be :smile:

Feel free to add me!!!