Subway Light Mayo

Options
swanke17
swanke17 Posts: 46 Member
Does anyone know what brand of Mayonnaise Subway uses? Specifically their Light Mayo? I love Subway, but want to start making my own sandwiches at home - cheaper. I am very picky about Mayo but like their Light Mayo? Also anyone have any suggestions on a good, but healtheir bread to use? Or the Flatbread? THANKS!

Replies

• swanke17
    Options
    bump!
  • chasetwins
    chasetwins Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    it is specifically made for subway by Kraft
  • djames92
    djames92 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know what brand of Mayonnaise Subway uses? Specifically their Light Mayo? I love Subway, but want to start making my own sandwiches at home - cheaper. I am very picky about Mayo but like their Light Mayo? Also anyone have any suggestions on a good, but healtheir bread to use? Or the Flatbread? THANKS!
    the flatbread has alot of fat in it just like any flatbread for subway bread id say the 9 grain wheat is the way to go
  • swanke17
    Options
    darn on the mayo! and thanks about the bread, but i want to actually buy my own to make sandwiches at home so any suggestions there?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    don't use mayo....
  • swanke17
    Options
    don't use mayo....

what do you suggest? that's the only mayo i like anyways. my sandwiches always consist of turkey, lettuce, tomato, cucumbers, green peppers, and pickles! :)
  • djames92
    djames92 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    don't use mayo....

what do you suggest? that's the only mayo i like anyways. my sandwiches always consist of turkey, lettuce, tomato, cucumbers, green peppers, and pickles! :)
    gotta agree mayos just fat no real nutritional value
  • swanke17
    Options
    don't use mayo....

OK Well what would you use? I'm open to new ideas...
  • kidsrmakinmenuts
    Options
    Try a little mustard instead! It gives a turkey sandwich a nice little zing.
  • swanke17
    Options
    Try a little mustard instead! It gives a turkey sandwich a nice little zing.

MM! I do have some Honey Mustard. Anyone have any suggestions on Breads, Wraps, Flatbreads, Pitas, etc?
  • kellie1055
    kellie1055 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I LOVE that subway light mayo, do what I do, when you get a sandwhich ask for mayo packs. They are only 35 calories a pack and are the exact same thing they use on the sandwhiches. I always get the packs because then I can def know how much is on the sandwhich.
  • ska41
    ska41 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I really like the Flatout flatbread that I bought at Costco - it's multi-grain with flax, high fiber, 9g of protein and only 100 cals. They're really big and hold lots of healthy sandwich goodies. I've also toasted them under the broiler for a minute and used them for pizza crusts. Lo cal pizza, totally yummy!
  • SusanleeBee
    SusanleeBee Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I switched to a dark grainy mustard on my sandwiches and I really love it. For things like tuna/chicken salad which kind of depend on mayo, I use Miracle Whip Lite, which is just like 25 calories a serving or something like that.
  • skinnytayy
    skinnytayy Posts: 459
    Options
    Experiment with different mustards or try making your own mayo? I HATE mayo so I haven't attempted it but I've heard its a lot better then store bought anyways plus you can control what goes in it and it will be healthy fats that are nutritional and necessary. Google paleo mayo ... even if you aren't paleo, they contain all natural, good for you ingredients. Its pretty easy from what I've read (Fiance likes mayo).
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    I really like the Flatout flatbread that I bought at Costco - it's multi-grain with flax, high fiber, 9g of protein and only 100 cals. They're really big and hold lots of healthy sandwich goodies. I've also toasted them under the broiler for a minute and used them for pizza crusts. Lo cal pizza, totally yummy!

product-review-flatout-bread-light-original.jpg

These are really good.
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    The best mayo ever is the Kraft olive oil mayo. Nutrition info

Nutrition Facts
    Serving Size 1 tbsp (15g)

Amount Per Serving
    Calories from Fat 30Calories 35

% Daily Values*
    Total Fat 3g 5%
    Saturated Fat 0g 0%
    Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
    Monounsaturated Fat 2g
    Trans Fat 0g
    Cholesterol 0mg 0%
    Sodium 95mg 4%
    Total Carbohydrate 2g 1%
    Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
    Sugars 1g
    Protein 0g
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options

product-review-flatout-bread-light-original.jpg

These are really good.

yes
  • drop_it_like_a_squat
    drop_it_like_a_squat Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I use light cottage cheese on my sandwiches and wraps. :)
  • JessHealthKick
    JessHealthKick Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    mustard seeds YUM! or cottage cheese, double yum!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    don't use mayo....

OK Well what would you use? I'm open to new ideas...

a little mustard ....maybe a tablespoon of olive oil ....

I guess I am weird but i actually just like a plain ole turkey sandwich on wheat bread with a little lettuce and tomato with some olive oil drizzled on it....

You really do not need to slather mayo on everything....if you are going to use it, use like half a tablespoon ....