Working out with kids

Options
2»

Replies

• RunnerElizabeth
    RunnerElizabeth Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I have a three year old and no husband, so I always have to work this out my own. I get my workouts in while she sleeps on weekends, either before she wakes, during her nap or after she goes to bed. I do work fulltime so I do go for a run on my lunch with my daughter in daycare. I also run with her in the jogger. Sometimes we run to daycare/work, its 5 miles. You just have to sit down and analyze your schedule to find what works for you. And generally the answer doesn't happen to be one we like, but one we can get used to.
  • momma2jillian07
    momma2jillian07 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your quick replies! It's nice to know I'm not alone :)
  • yokumsm
    yokumsm Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My kids are all older now, but when I was home with the baby (who is now 8) I was able to do a stability ball video fairly regularly. I bought him his own ball and he enjoyed "exercising" (which was really just rolling) on his while I got my workout in. He used one of the cheap plastic outdoor balls from Wal-Mart.
  • cynthiadmail
    cynthiadmail Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    We have a 15 month old son. I really wanted a gym membership so I got one and I love getting up at 3 AM while he's sleeping and the husband is also sleeping and me and the 19 year old son go work out at the gym. I leave with enough time to stop at the store if I need to ,come home take a shower and hop back in bed till the little one wakes up. I'm not working so this works out very good for me. But what ever makes you feel good and works out for your situation then go for it.
  • clover5
    clover5 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    If you have a baby sled, it's quite a workout to pull kids around the yard in the sled for 20 minutes. My kids both loved that.

And when summer comes, put the little one in a backpack and go for a hike or walk.