My MOTHER is Sabotaging My Diet

Options
Romey5
Romey5 Posts: 157 Member
I stop by my folks house on the way home from work today and they put a margarita in my hand, load up a bag with left over Easter candy and send me home with 1/2 and apple pie. I just want to lose 7 lbs... again...! What is it about Mom's and food? :drinker:

Replies

• eag264
    eag264 Posts: 116
    Options
    You can drive around and see if you can spot a homeless person that could use that food rather than sabotage your diet. It'll make you feel a lot better too!
  • heatherweber735
    Options
    I stop by my folks house on the way home from work today and they put a margarita in my hand, load up a bag with left over Easter candy and send me home with 1/2 and apple pie. I just want to lose 7 lbs... again...! What is it about Mom's and food? :drinker:

Well, I can say with some thought, that some mothers do believe ( and I could be quite erroneous in this assumption, but I hope for more people to chime in.) That food is way to show anyone that you care. Making food for things like weddings and funerals, keeping their kids fed and even making them overweight is an emotional balance that I have heard of. But I'm not a person who studies these things, I just observe. And I do have family members that do these things.