Getting my act together

Options
Hello! My name is Tami and I am working toward getting myself healthier. I have been doing Zumba once or twice a week for about 2.5 years. I was up to 3 classes per week, but then one of my teachers had to give up one class and my other teacher got pregnant and had to stop teaching. That was when I decided to join a gym, a little over a year ago. I go 5 days per week, and work out for about 2 hours per day. I alternate upper and lower weight circuits, and do something cardio every day. I try to do walk/run intervals on Mon/Wed/Fri and then on Tuesdays and Thursdays I alternate between the arc trainer and the elliptical.

When I started this journey, I weighed around 305. I am now down to between 265-270. I have found that my big issue is food. I do pretty well with portion control, but I love sweets and have an absolute weakness for white bread and rolls. I am hoping that I will remember to log in my food every day so that I can hold myself accountable for what I eat. For a while I was writing down everything I ate in a notebook and I remember how many times I decided NOT to eat something because I didn't want to add it to my list for the day!

Replies

• tepala21
    tepala21 Posts: 17
    Options
    Haha, I found that when tracking I do the exact same thing ;)
    "I remember how many times I decided NOT to eat something because I didn't want to add it to my list for the day!"
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    WOW, I was lucky, my zumba teacher worked till 2 weeks before her due date. Her labor lasted 2 hours, with her other two kids she was in labor for 7 and 8 hours.

Yep track that food.
  • MsAnn07
    MsAnn07 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss!
    Everyday I'm getting my 'Act together' :). Today it took me 2 hours after putting on workout clothes to get out the door. I had to get my act together and just do it!

Whenever I want to eat something I also think about the fact I have to log what I out I my mouth. Noticeably I've thought twice about a lot of foods I wanted to eat.

Best wishes to all of us!!!
  • Hello!! My name is Samantha, Iam 21 years old, (well going to be) umm ive been obese for along time and i honestly think its time to concider the fact that i gotta loose weight to get into my size 14 jeans, umm im currently wearing a 20 and i weigh 200 right now so all i really gotta do is losse 50 to 78 pounds. I need help doing that so could one of you give me your support and tell me i can do it everyday.
  • kidsrmakinmenuts
    Options
    You can definitely do this, Samantha! You just have to push yourself every day, make the time for it no matter what. And remember - this is a long term change in your whole life, so don't get discouraged if it happens slower than you want or if you make mistakes and backslide every once in a while.