Here we go!!!

Options
I started last week and it wasn't too bad, did a bit of exercise and felt good, result lost 5ibs!!!! This week though i'm struggling a little bit with keeping the water intake up and i'm craving strong flavours......any advice would be much appreciated!!!

Replies

• MFPfriend
    MFPfriend Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Congrats on starting towards a healthier you! It's hard at first, but gets easier with time.

As for the strong flavors... moderation. I eat whatever I like but in MODERATION!

Another quick for me is a packet of Chrystal Light. Nope, not in water. I get one packet, dump it in a tiny bowl, then lick my finger and take a little bit at a time. It fixes my sweet/sour cravigns all the time!
  • jayne2003
    jayne2003 Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi thanks for the advice but my cravings are for savoury not sweet, i've never really had a sweet tooth!!! Things like strong flavour crisps or pickled onions or even pork pies, there my biggest problems. I've just started eating Quorn burgers which are fab, full of flavour and half the fat!!!
  • WussKat
    WussKat Posts: 63
    Options
    Savoury Snack A Jacks...those rice cakes with flavours are good. I think you can get cheese.....sweet chilli flavours, probably more - savouries aren't my thing really. I have even seen marmite rice cakes. I rely on the sweet ones to get me through those cravings so maybe they will help you too? Not sure about the savoury ones but a caramel one is 51 cals and they are big - make you feel as though you have actually had something to eat :-) They also come in crisp-sized bags so great as a snack.
  • jayne2003
    Options
    Also very tired this week, not sure if its because i'm dieting or something else.......anyone else tired???
  • leensmet
    leensmet Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm in my second week and feeling a bit tired.
    Also discovered most Quorn stuff is really low in calories.
  • Sephs
    Sephs Posts: 9
    Options
    Hi Jayne,

I'll have been dieting a week tomorrow and yes, I have noticed myself feeling more drowsy than usual. Especially in evenings.

Good luck with your weight loss!
  • griffswoman
    griffswoman Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have been going just over 2 weeks now, 9lbs lost, snack a jacks for flavour. Tiredness hits me in the evening, in the morning i get an adrenalin rush and wake up with a spring in my step, wasnt like that before i dieted guess the exercise i do during the day is tiring me out of an evening but the healthier diet gives me a spring in the morning.
  • MFPfriend
    MFPfriend Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Are you guys getting enough protein? I find when I don't get at least 50 grams, I feel REALLY tired.

As for savory cravings, someone just mentioned pickles to me! THey are a bit high in sodium, but man! That would get rid of my salt craving fast. :D

Also, are you guys eating your exercise calories? That's important too. :)
  • jayne2003
    Options
    My protein intake is usually around 45 if not more, so can't be that. I only exercised once last week and I ate my calories for that, so can't be that either. Just feel drained......i am going to bed earlier and still not waking up until normal time.

Maybe it'll take a few weeks for my body to adjust to the lesser calorie intake!!!

I have just found out that I can eat 11 pickled onions for 23 calories, wooohooo........that takes care of my strong flavour cravings!!!