Protien powder ideas???

Options
jdad1
jdad1 Posts: 1,899 Member
Later tonight I am going to be spending some time looking up a good online place to purchase protein powder. I like to buy the 5 pound jugs or bigger for as inexpensive as I can. I was hoping I might be able to get some suggestions from you EXPERTS. I am looking for a good Whey and Casein protein powder that HAS LOW CHOLESTORAL.

Any suggestions would be greatly helpful and I will be looking at the info later tonight, in depth. Thanks.

Replies

• amc119
    amc119 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I like the Gold Standard 100% by Optimum Nutrition. I've tried others and just can't tolerate them.
  • megs_fair
    Options
    Syntrax Matrix. The mint cookie is delicious, and the strawberry flavour tastes like strawberry nesquick. Costs about $45.00 for a 5lb bag on sites like vitamineshoppe.
  • TheStephil
    TheStephil Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I like the Gold Standard 100% by Optimum Nutrition. I've tried others and just can't tolerate them.

I just got my 5lb jar in the mail today and made a drink. I love it.
  • TheStephil
    TheStephil Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    For Optimum Gold Standard Whey - Double Rich Chocolate
    Cholesterol is 30mg per serving of 24 grams of protein and 120 calories.
    I don't track my cholesterol so I'm not sure if this is high or low.
  • artickb22
    artickb22 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    whichever brand you go with..try it in oatmeal!! I use the cheapo walmart whey brand in cookies and cream flavor, add it to oatmeal instead of sugar or fruit ....kicks a powerful punch. Although it can be a little too sweet!!
  • DirtyTrickster
    DirtyTrickster Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I think isopure has low cholesterol protein powder. It taste like hiney hole if I remember correctly. You can buy it at bodybuilding.con or gnc.

Like the other here, I use O.N. whey. Can also be purchased at the same places.
  • danamarieburton89
    danamarieburton89 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I just bought the promasil protien vanilla soft serve flavor from GNC, 2lbs for 45 a little steeper then what I wanted to pay but mixes quite well with water for a quick fix after workouts. It's also 90 calories for 20g of protien! I recommend it to all my friends!
  • wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Total Nutrition's Live Active 7. Tastes great. No grit. Lots of flavors. Packed full of good stuff.