Protein bars

Options
I am looking to find some tasty protein bars for when you are on the run and need a quick meal at noon or whenever. Could you tell me where they can be purchased as I live in Canada and don't always have the same stores. Thanks to all.

Replies

• tomcornhole
    tomcornhole Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    I like Quest protein bars. You can order them off Amazon or directly from the Quest protein site.
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    Luna bars are my go to, they are under 200 cals a bar and are quite tasty (same company as Cliff Bars, which are also good but usually range from 200-300 calls)

I buy them at Save-On-Foods, London drugs, Superstore, the health food store, they are pretty popular.

My favourite flavours are White Chocolate Macadamia, Smores, and Salted Caramel Nut Brownie.
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    I like Premier Protein bars because they have 30 grams of protein each. I get them at Costco but if you're not near one you could visit Premier's website to see where else they're sold.
  • ClassicStyles
    Options
    I like Premier Protein bars because they have 30 grams of protein each. I get them at Costco but if you're not near one you could visit Premier's website to see where else they're sold.

My nutritionist recommended Pure (Premier?) Protein from Costco as well. The double chocolate is great.
  • crlyxx
    crlyxx Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I like Larabars a lot. I think my favorite is the key lime pie flavor (so good!). Each flavor only comes down to a few ingredients, usually dates, cashews, almonds, and then an ingredient or two that actually forms the flavor. They're not too filling though, and are anywhere from 190-240 calories, I believe.

Clif bars are a hell of a lot more filling, at around the same calories, but contain soy and a million other ingredients...so I avoid them now.
  • megs_fair
    Options
    Quest Bars!! So delicious! Im Canadian too, I order them online (vitamart.ca) or Popeyes nutrition or Nutrition house. ( not sure of your location but you can go on their sites to look up locations. Most of the bars have 18+ grams of fibre and 20+ of protein.

21055436.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • kristy_n0831
    kristy_n0831 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Quest! My boyfriend bought me some for Easter and they are pretty delicious and don't have the carbs that most others I've tried have. He bought them at GNC (a little over $2/each), but you can also purchase them online.