Starting Again

Options
Well after losing 2 kilos when I first started I somehow got way off track and stopped entering my food into the diary and started trying other diets again (I am a chronic yo yo dieter). Then my husband lost his job before Christmas and the stress of it all made me start putting on even more weight. I tried a few things but just kept putting it on. So this week I decided to give My Fitness Pal a go again. I've already lost 1.5 kilos this week and I don't know why I stopped tracking my food in the first place because it's the only thing that works. You really don't realise all the little things you put in your mouth actually have calories (some more than others). I find I make better choices because I don't want to miss out on eating so I pick food with lower calories.

This time I'm not going off track and I'm making a commitment to myself to keep going. If anyone out there has any words of wisdom to share or if you have also stopped and started again, please let me know. I would love to hear from you.:happy:

Replies

• col443
    col443 Posts: 17
    Options
    Good for you. Glad you got back on track. I have done lots of yo-yo dieting as well. You name it I think I have done it. I am back on here again as well after giving up the last time. This time I am doing things differently though. I changed my mindset on "dieting". I refuse to deny myself certain foods this time. I have had lots of success in the past with extremely strict diets. Only problem was it was always temporary cause I couldn't live like that forever. This time around I am eating the food I love just in smaller portionsand picking healthier choices when I don't feel like it is a huge sacrifice. Feel free to add me as a friend.