Help, I don't want to get discouraged!

Options
I have been seeing progress with my pictures from Insanity. I just finished 41 days of Insanity so far. BUT... I took another picture comparison between Day 27 and Day 41 (2 weeks) but I feel like my belly got wider (right picture with my hair down)?! I am wearing different yoga pants but they are both the same size. I'm not sure but is it because my love handles on the first picture showing more making it look like I have a smaller waist (if that makes sense?) (the picture to the left) Help... This picture is discouraging me.... (After seeing progress with my other pictures....)

178k7o.jpg

Replies

• jaina08
    jaina08 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I'm not giving up. I'm still gonna keep going til I finish this program.
  • SimplySara1986
    Options
    I have been seeing progress with my pictures from Insanity. I just finished 41 days of Insanity so far. BUT... I took another picture comparison between Day 27 and Day 41 (2 weeks) but I feel like my belly got wider (right picture with my hair down)?! I am wearing different yoga pants but they are both the same size. I'm not sure but is it because my love handles on the first picture showing more making it look like I have a smaller waist (if that makes sense?) (the picture to the left) Help... This picture is discouraging me.... (After seeing progress with my other pictures....)

178k7o.jpg

Personally, I can see your progress. Don't get too discouraged, our minds are so powerful that we can convince ourselves that we don't look any different when we actually have changed. I would take another photo in two more weeks and if you are still not getting results you want, then try another workout. But really, I can see the difference. Another thing that helps is for you to measure yourself and see if there is any difference because that will not lie. Keep your head up! :wink:
  • BvonD
    BvonD Posts: 7
    Options
    You are definitely more toned in the right pic....way to go!!

PS- look at the definition in your legs by the way ;)
  • jaina08
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the positive comments and advice. I think I am just expecting too much right now for the second month of insanity because everyone says that it's the month where you will see the biggest results and I just finished the first week of it. I might just be getting really impatient for these big results to show already...
  • SimplySara1986
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the positive comments and advice. I think I am just expecting too much right now for the second month of insanity because everyone says that it's the month where you will see the biggest results and I just finished the first week of it. I might just be getting really impatient for these big results to show already...

I was like that doing level 2 of the 30 day shred and then all of the sudden in level 3 I was like WOW I can see change FINALLY! So I am sure the same will happen for you!
  • JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    Options

Let's get down to brass tacks. What's your diet/macros like? I think that will be the tell-tale of what you might not be moving in the direction you want to move in, miss. I'm about to finish my first run of Insanity (entering last week) and I've screwed up my diet plenty half the time and I've seen some progress because I finally kept retooling my diet and their macros week after week after a thoughtful reassessment.

I say, open your diary to the public and show us what's what.

What say you?
  • meldziedzic
    Options
    according to your ticker, you've lost 5 pounds? that's a great start, but after losing 5 pounds, you can't really expect to look different yet. just keep doing what you're doing and eventually you will start seeing very noticeable differences :)
  • jaina08
    Options

Let's get down to brass tacks. What's your diet/macros like? I think that will be the tell-tale of what you might not be moving in the direction you want to move in, miss. I'm about to finish my first run of Insanity (entering last week) and I've screwed up my diet plenty half the time and I've seen some progress because I finally kept retooling my diet and their macros week after week after a thoughtful reassessment.

I say, open your diary to the public and show us what's what.

What say you?

I usually eat brown rice, chicken, rommaine lettuce, carrots, special k cereal, protein bar, muscle milk, tuna sandwiches, greek yogurt bananas and apples. I don't know if I'm eating too much carbs...
  • kirschkuchen
    kirschkuchen Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Don't just concentrate on your stomach. Depending on how much and what you ate, the shape of it can vary significantly during a normal day. Look at your thighs and the line of your shoulders in both pictures. There's a difference.
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    If this makes any sense, you look firmer over all. I'd count that as progress.
  • jaina08
    Options
    Thank you everyone. I think my picture sucks because in person I noticed that my calves and thighs look more toned and muscular. This is a big motivation for me so I'm trying to see positive changes in my body.
  • marygee1951
    marygee1951 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work - the pictures do show progress. Results are never as fast as we'd like them to be.:laugh: