Daily Sugar Intake

Options
I seem to always go over my sugar intake as set by MFP. I have been losing weight as my diet is and gaining muscle. I don't have issues with high blood sugar or anything. So, my question is, what do you think the harm is in going over the recommended sugar allowance?

**And I have not been eating anything like pies, cakes, cookies, etc.**

Replies

• cutie_patootie
    Options
    There is sugar in almost anything and everything we eat. As long as you are not not consuming empty calories through sugar (soda, cookies, pies, etc), you can treat the MFP limit as a rough guide to your sugar intake. :)
  • SimplySara1986
    Options
    There is sugar in almost anything and everything we eat. As long as you are not not consuming empty calories through sugar (soda, cookies, pies, etc), you can treat the MFP limit as a rough guide to your sugar intake. :)

That's what I was thinking too! Thank you for reassuring me! :flowerforyou:
  • samcat2000
    samcat2000 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I don't even track sugar...have no idea how much I'm eating and have still seen decent results. While I have a definite sweet tooth I try to satisfy it with fruit but do indulge in dark chocolate in small quantities day to day. Tonight I "splurged" and had a klondike heath bar but that's not my norm.
  • myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    if you're a heavy fruit eater and have no health issues and its working for you, then i wouldnt worry. you can always adjust your macronutrients manually which is what i do since i always go over my protein that MFP suggests.
  • HikeThatMountain
    Options
    I agree with Cutie, as long as the calories you consume from sugar are not too much from "empty" calories, I wouldn't worry.

I know my ticker says I've only lost 1 pound since I joined at the end of this March, but last year I lost 40 pounds without counting calories. (Nice to have found MFP and all this support!, thank you everyone!)

Like samcat, I have a huge sweet tooth and I was wondering about it myself as my daily count of sugar is way above what MFP says I should be eating, but for other health reasons I do not consume any refined sugar at all, the only "straight" form of sweet I have besides fruits, is 1 tablespoon (in 2 servings homade yogurt) and 2 teaspoons of honey in my coffee a day and the MFP (1 Tbl + 2 tsp per day). But since I am still loosing weight, I'm not too worried.
  • ellygolightly
    Options
    I go over every day and the only sugar I put in anything is in my coffee. I don't add sugar to anything else at all! I also don't eat sweets or anything that's high in sugar.