Need help with food diary...

Options
I don't know if this is the right section to post this, but I'm having a difficult time with the food diary. I am new, and sometimes what I make is not on the list or it has some name on it then the name of the food. Let's say I made saute potato with bell peppers and onions. Lori's fried potatoes with bell peppers came up. Idk, what is Lori's... like is it a restaurant or something? And how can I figure out how much calories the food I make has? Thank you in advance!

Replies

• jjski88
    jjski88 Posts: 24
    Options
    If you make your own food then you will have to create your own food. Go to Foods, select My Foods and then Create Food. It takes some time at first, but once you create your food recipe it will always be in the My Foods area for you to select.
  • JessHealthKick
    JessHealthKick Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Simply add the individual ingredients, that is what I usually do! I cooked chicken with onion, garlic, tinned tomatoes and some soy sauce so I put those ingredients in separately :)

You can check out my diary for an idea :)
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Just add the individual ingredients. If its a meal you make frequently, you can create a recipe for it.
  • lovelyladyJ21
    lovelyladyJ21 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I normally just create a recipe for my food.
    If you go to the food tab right under neath it there is a Recipes link, click on that and on the right hand side it gives you the option to Enter your own recipe.
    If it's something I am making I always add my recipe on here even if we didn't like it and will most likely never have it again.
  • bluered4
    bluered4 Posts: 3
    Options
    :cry: i don"t know were to start on planining on what to eat I have a problem with sweets need a example meal plan please help
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    :cry: i don"t know were to start on planining on what to eat I have a problem with sweets need a example meal plan please help
    This site does not work like that, it does not tell you what to eat, best bet is get some friends and check their diaries. many people have open diaries as well. Mine is open if you want to see what I eat.
  • bluered4
    Options
    Thank you I "m new sorry for asking the wrong question .But I will look at others meal plan till I learn:smile:
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Just add the individual ingredients. If its a meal you make frequently, you can create a recipe for it.

this!
  • xampx
    xampx Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Do not follow a diet plan! This is not a diet! Adjust your own lifestyle to make it as healthy and sustainable as possible in the long term! You are allowed to eat ALL THINGS!

Just eat what you would normally eat, log it, and see where the calories and macros fit in. If you find you are way over, adjust it, cook with less oil, use lower fat versions of things, half your portions, fill up on salad and vegetables.
  • bluered4
    Options
    THANK YOU :smile:
  • OneHappyMomma
    Options
    I came over to revisit this site but I am actually using SparkPeople.com (which is totally free) and they will give you a menu plan for the day that will match up with your weight loss goals. You can switch out the meals for other ones also by clicking on "change". I know the frustration of not knowing what to eat! Find out what works for you and you can create your own personal list if you keep up a food log (I prefer keeping a written form since I do not have a smart phone to track it all on the go). This morning's breakfast I chose to make a smoothie (my own recipe) of .5cup Greek yogurt, .5cup milk, 1cup strawberries, 1cup mandarin oranges plus eat 2 mandarin oranges on the side which totalled 318 calories. Some mornings I will make 2 scrambled eggs with spinach, baby portebello mushrooms, cheese and olives which is about 300 calories or so. I hope this helped a little bit with what to eat for breakfast at least!