Inspiration

Options
:smile: Hi Every one,

I have been yo yo dieting for many years, and tried all the slimming groups......... which are good and I can lose the weight, but I get fed up and start eating (mainly because I'm bored) junk and the weight piles on again, I need inspiration and help please........

Replies

• rosekatm
    rosekatm Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi!
    What I found out long time ago that I really really have to want to loose the weight otherwise it wont happen. I have been on MFP since January and I have lost 8.2kg and I have a long way to to my goal witch is 70kg and I´m 87,5kg now. It really helps if you have support. That way you always remember why you are doing it. To get healthier and fitter those are the reasons for me. You might have totally different ones and that´s okey. What ever works you that´s the point!!
    But you can do it. It´s going to be hard but you can do it.Remember to have fun then it might be little bit easier :smile: .
  • ruthie1064
    Options
    Thanks Rose,

Well day one went well yesterday, and I found drinking a lot of water helps, it takes the edge off my appetite, well day 2 we will see how today go's, thanks for your in put, take care and have a good day x
  • honeybunnyxc
    honeybunnyxc Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    hi feel free to add me to your friends. I think inspiration and self motivation is needed and happy to encourage. I had the thought of lying on a beach which has motivated me to loose weight and health which is very important. good luck. Angela
  • brit_ks_89
    brit_ks_89 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    amp up your protein !
  • bossyfairy
    bossyfairy Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Hello,

Its the boredom thing with me too (and a million and one other things!!) feel free to add me as a friend, I have only just started on this - day 4!!

Good luck! We can do it!
  • Bearbrat
    Bearbrat Posts: 230
    Options
    HI, I'm like you and have yo-yo dieted for years. A few months ago, I don't even know what started it, but I really looked at myself and decided I can either be un-happy and un-comfortable with the way I look and feel or I could just do something about it. It's not easy and knowing I still have 56 pounds to go is sometimes daunting, so any help or inspiriation from all of you would be great. I really feel like I can do it this time!!! Joining this site has gotten me really excited, it looks like it'll be really helpful. So add me and we'll do it!!
  • douglass1987
    douglass1987 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I found inspiration by finding a gym buddy. Like most people I hate letting others down when we make plans so we agreed to gym classes up to a month in advance so we can't back out. Once I got into the habit of going to the gym and I now go by myself on days other than what I planned with my friend. There tend to be a lot of regulars in most classes so making friends has been quite easy. It's now more of a social event than the torture it previously was.