Working out not Sweating enough?

Options
Hey All,
I am walking the treadmill at least 5 to 6 days a week... 30 minutes at 3.5 MPH . It is hard for me but I am pushing myself to do it... I even bumped it up to 4MPH and ran (jogged) the last 2 minutes of my workout... HERE IS MY QUESTION:
I don't start to sweat til about the last 10 minutes of my 30 minute work out...Someone told me I should do exercise where I am sweating with in the first 10 minutes...... Any thoughts... By the way 44 years old 184 lbs Female (NEVER WORKED OUT BEFORE)

Replies

• seena511
    seena511 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    sweating does not necessarily indicate that you're working hard. just make sure that you're well hydrated, and check your heart rate to make sure that you are working at the intensity you think your'e working out at.
  • Philllbis
    Philllbis Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    I think a heart rate monitor will give you a better indication of how hard you're working than how much you sweat. I don't start sweating until I get my heart rate in the 140 range and I consisder an instense cardio workout where my heart rate is around 160.
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    The same thing happens with me every workout - no sweat for at least 10 minutes. but after that, so sweaty I get slippery! lol
  • eddie152
    eddie152 Posts: 5
    Options
    High Intensity Interval Training always makes me sweat super hard, try that on the treadmill