New from China Land

Options
Good morning from the taxi on the way to work!

I'm a Canadian who lives and works in China. Yes. I really do live in China. Have for many years.

For quite a while I just let myself go and didn't work on myself and as a result, I was left with chronic back pain that had/has been a pain for a number of years. There have been days where I couldn't even walk. Can you imagine living on the sixth floor and there being no elevators? It took forever to get down the stairs. I decided to take my Spring Festival Holiday in Mexico and because of all I was doing there, one day I woke up and there was no more pain.

Stupid me... When I came home I thought it would last... The no pain thing. Oh boy did it ever come back.

So now I am working on cutting down my weight to a more healthy level (my first goal... Drop three dress sizes; my ultimate goal is to be a size 16/18 any smaller than that all my bones can be seen and that is not what I am wanting... I would like Sandra Bullock not Celine Dion shape) and strengthen my core to help to prevent future issues.

I know one of my first thingies I should do is buy a scale for my bathroom.... But need to find one that will go above 180lbs!!!

I am finding the MyFitnessPal app to be hilarious as trying to find something as simple as a bagel or hemp seeds (or even coconut oil) here is pretty much impossible. But if you like chicken feet... there are plenty to be found!!! a land where healthy food is ramen noodles and hot dogs. Or food loaded with canola oil and salts. But I am trying. I am enjoying tracking all the foods I have been eating and my exercises.

See you all around the water cooler and in front of your screen working on the 30 Day Shred!!!

Replies

• acasper3
    acasper3 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I also live in China and know what you eman about the healthy foods. It's a bit sad, but i have resorted to eating pretty basics. Beans, oatmeal, honey, brown rice, fruits, veggies, sometimes salad if I buy dressing on taobao, coke zero, and protein powder from taobao. Try to bring back protein abrs with you when you visit places that have them and are way cheaper/can buy inh bulk. I got up to 196lbs and am currently 155. I'm 5'2 and 23 years old.
  • acasper3
    acasper3 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    extra post