Success Story w/pics. I made it! Fit into my goal shorts!

Options
Okay so here's the story....My bodyweight naturally sits at a little bit overweight. I guess that's when I'm not really trying and living by the habits I grew up with etc and eating what I want. The in 2010 I was inspired by The Biggest Loser and decided if they could do it, I could. I graduated after 3 years of uni and had nothing but time on my hands, so I went full bull exercising and eating healthy until finally I was happy with my body. This only lasted a few months, as I got a full time job and slowly the kilo's crept on until I ballooned at the picture you see in the middle. I sat miserably at this weight for years, trying and failing to eat healthy and get back into a good exercise routine.

Eventually, in 2012 (last year) I left my office job and started freelancing as a designer which is everything I dreamt of. This freed my time up so I could focus on more important things like food and exercise. I started off slow, losing a few kilos here and there. I discovered My Fitness Pal which kept me from going off track and from gaining any weight.

I stalled again over the christmas period for a few months but after a years worth of eating healthy and exercising those habits were ingrained in me, so I was neither losing nor gaining weight. Then I met my boyfriend who is also into health and fitness and together we have been training hard and eating very healthy. He's really motivated and pushed me to get to where I am today and I appreciate him a lot for that. Thanks to him I shed another few stubborn kilos and my love for fitness has been reignited.

We are going to a water park in a couple of days and I decided to try on my board shorts. Fitting into these were my GOAL. I remember signing up to MyFitnesPal DREAMING to fit back into these shorts. I knew I had done it before and therefore I knew I could do it again! This was my idea of healthy, sexy, etc based on a little photo I took with my 18 year old sister. (Actually she would've been 15 then)

I put the shorts on and OH MY GOODNESS! They damn things didn't look half bad! Excited, I ran into the bathroom, took a photo and compared it to my "goal" photo from three years ago. Not too bad Denise!! Of course I am still going and can only keep improving, I want to see how far I can take it, but at the moment I am very proud of myself :)

Without further adue, the photos. Left to right its my pic from 2010, the middle one at my heaviest from 2011 and finally a shot from today :D

IMG_5203_zps72a259ee.jpg

Replies

• treagal
    treagal Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! You look amazing, a job well done. Great story, thanks for sharing.
  • katemateg
    katemateg Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Well done on all your hard work, it has definitely paid off. Enjoy the water park. Love the shorts :smile:
  • kell2116
    kell2116 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    You look even better in the photo today than in your goal photo. Well done!!
  • HealthyVitamins
    HealthyVitamins Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Excellent job! You look amazing!!
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Great work!
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Well done
  • brit_ks_89
    brit_ks_89 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    wow good work and good BOYFRIEND!
  • mareeee1234
    mareeee1234 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Well done! SO happy for you!!

Whats your exercise routine?
  • Jokingamerica12
    Jokingamerica12 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Well done u !! Im not far off my goal now, looking for support - Add me :) xx
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    You have a lovely figure in both your board short photos. Well done on reaching your goal :flowerforyou:
  • writetomab
    writetomab Posts: 226
    Options
    Awesome! Looking great!
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    You look amazing, what an awesome comeback to the shorts!
  • JM2709
    JM2709 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    good job on reaching your goal! you look great! :happy:
  • louise294
    louise294 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    wow! you look amazing!! Thanks for the inspiration
  • hiddenaudacity
    hiddenaudacity Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! For anyone interested my height is around 5'6" and in the first photo I think I was around 60 - 61kg, second photo I was 75kg, and currently I am sitting at 63.5kg :) It took around a year or maybe a year and a half but that's because I've done it very slowly because I'm trying to develop healthy habits I can stick at ;)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!