My Favourite NSV

Options
Flixie00
Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
The best type of non scale victory, where my sucess has helped my friend.

Met up with a friend last night whom I had not seen for 10 months. She was looking fantastic having lost 70 lb. I congratulated her on her weight loss and she thanked me, saying that seeing my weight loss the last time we met inspired her to hit the gym and lose weight. This amazing transformation was done despite my friend having health issues and doing shift work and I am so pround of her.

Replies

• Hadabetter
    Hadabetter Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    That's so great. And you might have failed miserably with your friend had you tried to "convince" them to do so. Sometimes leading by quiet example is the most powerful sales pitch of all.

Even better, is that your friend may have the same effect on their friends, and so on. Wouldn't it be great if we could start a chain reaction that would reach some critical mass at some point, and these life changing changes would become commonplace!.
  • jacquirich
    jacquirich Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    How wonderful, that's a lovely story
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    that is a super NSV, thanks so much for sharing!
  • marylou1976
    marylou1976 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    one of the best NSV's I've seen, well done to your friend, and you for being an inspiration to her and others :)
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    Great story.
  • SuMcP
    SuMcP Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Well you are pretty inspirational my lovely! Thanks for sharing x:flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!