5k Goal Met

Options
I ran my first 5k this weekend! :happy: Well, it was more of a run/walk, but I finished it in a little over 44 min and my daughter ran the 1 mile run almost immediately after. Woo Hoo! Next goal is to run the entire 5k without walking.

Replies

• keith0373
    keith0373 Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    Good job!
  • kscarlett24
    kscarlett24 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    That is great! I am trying to get to the point of running one as well. I'm hoping to be able to do it by the end of the summer.
  • shelli1982
    shelli1982 Posts: 133
    Options
    great job!!! I just started training for one 2 weeks ago, just finished week 2 of the couch-to-5k program... thanks for sharing your success, it's inspirational! I'm hoping to complete the program by end of august/early sept then run one in october :)
  • StarryEyedGirl
    Options
    great job! did you train with the couch to 5k program? I really want to try it!
  • tericamp
    tericamp Posts: 19
    Options
    Thanks :) I sort of started on the 5k in 10 weeks podcast, but didn't get far with it. The past six weeks I've just been hitting it really hard at the gym (2 kickboxing classes, a sports conditioning class, one or two zumba classes, and a hip-hop class). Usually I will take 2-4 classes a week. I wasn't sure I would be able to make it through the race before it started, and it wasn't the best time, but I was happy, and I wasn't the last person crossing the finish line. :)
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I haven't actually run a race, but today for the first time I ran (no walking) 3.1 miles, which I am told is a 5K. I did it in just under 35 minutes!!! This is the longest I have ever run in my life. I feel such a sense of accomplishment. So now I am going to do a race this fall.

I used the Couch to 5K program, and it worked like a charm. It was so gentle that I didn't even get stiff until about week 7, and even now, I am just a little stiff, not sore, like every other time I've tried to work out!

Go for it!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!