New member, needing advice and encouragement

Options
My weight has currently peaked at 200pounds, which has been my heaviest to date. I'm only 5foot 2inches so every time I check my BMI OBESE comes flashing up into my face. I realise this is time for change and my ultimate goal is to lose 100pounds, I realise that this is not going to happen over night but I am 100% determined this time! I just need someone to chat to, some weight loss tip, exercise pointers and advice. Really I just need a good kick up the bum, or a good shake!

Replies

• crafty30
    crafty30 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Hiya, well you have come to the right place! I have lost 30lbs since joining MFP, its great to work out exactly what you are eating in a day and where you need to make changes...Also the forums are great for advice on everything! Adding friends is good too so you can motivate each other! Good luck, you can do it :-)
  • night_watcher
    night_watcher Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    First of all welcome aboard and as it is said the hardest part is making up your mind, i see you have already done that. Congratulations :)

I will advise you to go to community>groups>search and type eat more to weigh less. Now this may sound weird but Go through all the sticky posts atleast once and you'll thank me later :flowerforyou: feel free to add me
  • nannikins
    Options
    Hi,

Just joined too and am very excited. Somehow, entering everything I eat into the system, really seems to help me monitor and control my intake. Hope you are doing well. It is hard, but I bet if you thought about it, you have done other hard things in your life.
  • night_watcher
    night_watcher Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Just joined too and am very excited. Somehow, entering everything I eat into the system, really seems to help me monitor and control my intake. Hope you are doing well. It is hard, but I bet if you thought about it, you have done other hard things in your life.

Welcome :)
  • 20ever
    20ever Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well as any folks here.

L-E-T-S GOOOOOOOOOO!