Now that you've lost weight...

Options
Tats1000
Tats1000 Posts: 36 Member
I was just wondering now that you've lost weight, whether its 5lb or 100lbs, what are you more pleased about now? For example, I've lost almost 28lbs and I am getting more and more pleased at how long my waist is which I never saw before. I still have at least 14lbs to go but it's encouraging me along the way. I am also pleased that I don't feel I have to wear black all the time to cover up, losing weight is helping my fashion sense :) what has changed for you? Xx

Replies

• EdTheGinge
    EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    What I'm least pleased with is that I kind of care about what I wear now, which means having to buy new clothes *bad times. I like the fact that I actually show muscular definition now but I also noticed that after 15years of thinking I was broad I'm actually rather weedy, that was a shock.
  • skinnyeascolady
    skinnyeascolady Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I hear you on the fashion sense. I gained all my weight when I had to go on medication after several misscariages. Actually I looked like I had exploded or about to. So I no longer knew how to dress the body I was now in. losing some of the weight so far is giving me back that fashion sense. I think it's mostly because I feel better about myself. Hugs and good job on your loss. keep up the hard work :drinker:
  • lambchoplewis
    Options
    I love going to going to my closet, picking an outfit and actually fitting into it!! No more wondering what will fit and how can I cover up. I think maintenance is harder than losing. One tip, I weigh myself everyday - I know it can fluctuate 1-2 lbs a day but. I want the overall trend to be constant. I want to pay attention to slipping back up in weight and nip it in the bud right away.

Nothing tastes as good as feeling thin!!!
  • jennielou75
    jennielou75 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    After losing 10 stone I don't hurt anymore except after a good gym workout!!!!
  • anniealedsm
    Options
    I was just wondering now that you've lost weight, whether its 5lb or 100lbs, what are you more pleased about now? For example, I've lost almost 28lbs and I am getting more and more pleased at how long my waist is which I never saw before. I still have at least 14lbs to go but it's encouraging me along the way. I am also pleased that I don't feel I have to wear black all the time to cover up, losing weight is helping my fashion sense :) what has changed for you? Xx

I wear brighter colors now. I wear clothes that are a little more snug to show my figure. I can wear knits and crocheted things that are usually bulky, as they no longer make me look bulky. I feel confident wearing a sweatshirt, because now I can wear it for warmth instead of to hide what I ate and the fact that I didn't move. Losing weight has changed me, and I love it!
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    even though I still have about 30lbs to go, I love love love my muscle tone. I wasn't sure I would get it back after all these years. now come on six pack!
  • PhearlessPhreaks
    PhearlessPhreaks Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    I'm pleased that, despite being 27 weeks pregnant, I'm actually in a smaller maternity size shirt (L) than I was in a regular size (XL-XXL) and I'm still wearing the same size pants, or in some cases, a size smaller, depending on the brand and the cut. I've gained a few pounds(7), but that's all baby stuff. :)
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    It has made me realize what it feels like to be healthy. No pain, regular clothes, and my confidence is extremely hiigh too. Congrats to you in your journey, I am proud of you.
  • casy84
    casy84 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Now I'm a happy and confident person. I'm discovering things in my closet I haven't been able to wear in years. I'm rewarding myself with nice new things and I'm looking forward to the summer, instead of finding new excuses to avoid the beach.
  • meglynne1987
    meglynne1987 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I am pleased I can run and play with my son, I am not the lazy sloth anymore!
  • unnur16
    unnur16 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    im note done yet, but i think what i am most happy about is that i have figures and a really nice one in my oppinion =) and when i sit down i dont see my belly anymore, my boobs are bigger then my sitting belly i think that is awesome heh ;)
  • Tats1000
    Tats1000 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Now I'm a happy and confident person. I'm discovering things in my closet I haven't been able to wear in years. I'm rewarding myself with nice new things and I'm looking forward to the summer, instead of finding new excuses to avoid the beach.

I love this too! Be able to suddenly wear stuff from way back when you felt you were much slimmer. I've started doing that again :)

Some great things being mentioned. Xx
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options

I wear brighter colors now. I wear clothes that are a little more snug to show my figure. I can wear knits and crocheted things that are usually bulky, as they no longer make me look bulky. I feel confident wearing a sweatshirt, because now I can wear it for warmth instead of to hide what I ate and the fact that I didn't move. Losing weight has changed me, and I love it!

I had smaller clothes all tucked away in space bags. I have had to keep digging into the smaller clothes as I've lost weight, I noticed that the clothing in each bag as I progressed got generally lighter. I don't remember choosing to buy darker clothes as I got heavier so I'll assume that I liked the way darker clothing looked as I got heaver or at least I hated it less..
  • Mathguy1
    Mathguy1 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I no longer look in the mirror and say "Ehh, I still look okay" or after weighing myself and thinking "I only weigh X lbs. As long as I stay under Y lbs, I'm okay (of course, the Y number kept increasing until I finally had enough and did something about it)."

I am pleased that I sleep better at night. I am pleased that my smaller pants and shirts fit. I am pleased that I look thin even when wearing striped shirts. I am pleased that I can go running, play tennis, play basketball, or any other physical activity without fear of tiring out after only a few minutes.

Lastly, and most importantly, I am pleased that I am no longer abusing my body by forcing it to carry around an extra 30-60lbs.
  • gabegrammy
    gabegrammy Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    1) I can wear my daughters close, 2) my family telling me, " wow mom you are losing a lot of weight, you look great". 3) I am happy with myself and 4) really love looking in the mirror.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!