6ft tall woman, 1 stone down

Options
Hi all,

I started back on MFP on 1st January 2013 with the dog-eared determination of a bride with pride! I am getting married in August 2014, although this is still quite a way off I wanted to lose the weight slowly, healthily and consistently. Im just over 4 months in and 19lb down. I have another 14lbs to lose until goal weight, but I'm hoping I can lose this in the next few months and then all I have to do is maintain!

I feel great, have so much more confidence, fit into all my clothes comfortably and some are even loose, and the compliments are coming my way which is fab. I've just had a break of about 4 weeks as I heard from my wedding dress shop, they said I don't have to go back for my final fittings until end of March 2014, so I relaxed a little but the scales are still reading 19lbs down! I've never been able to lose so much weight on my own in the past and I am so proud of myself. What's even better is that colleagues, friends and family are all now coming to me for weight loss advice!

I wanted to show before and after pictures from December 2012 to March 2013. This is also for the benefit of the taller/broader woman who thinks that because she's tall losing just a stone does make a difference. I hope you can see the difference!

Mebeforeandafter_zps43236a89.jpg

Replies

• carlywifeybrown
    carlywifeybrown Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Sorry, picture came out massive! Trying again

Me153stone_zps1e5e3d3d.jpg
  • sarashiveley
    sarashiveley Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    you're very beautiful!!!!! :) i can see a difference! good for you!
  • unnur16
    unnur16 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    you are doing grate, and you look soooo beautiful
  • kindasortachewy
    kindasortachewy Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep it up!
  • sarahp86
    sarahp86 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Amazing!! You're my height! Hat weight are you at if you don't mine me asking?
  • hannah1803
    hannah1803 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous! I'm 5'10"/11" and I'm almost 13lb down and people are starting to notice too but I can't really see the difference myself yet! Keep up the great work! P.S. Good luck with the wedding, I get married the month after you! :)
  • Givemewings
    Givemewings Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! You're looking great!
  • carlywifeybrown
    Options
    Amazing!! You're my height! Hat weight are you at if you don't mine me asking?

I started off at 16st 3lb (229lbs) and I'm now 15st (210lbs). I can't wait to get into ONEderland!!
  • carlywifeybrown
    Options
    You look fabulous! I'm 5'10"/11" and I'm almost 13lb down and people are starting to notice too but I can't really see the difference myself yet! Keep up the great work! P.S. Good luck with the wedding, I get married the month after you! :)

Thanks, it's great to hear from other tall women :) Well done on your weight loss. It is strange that we still see the same person staring back at us in the mirror, but if others are noticing it is definitely working!! I thought I would post this as I'm the same as you, I can never see the difference, but then I look back at older pictures of myself and then I see it. Good luck with your wedding plans!! x
  • MrsBozz1
    MrsBozz1 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Beautiful! :flowerforyou: I can totally see the difference! I'm 6'1" and I've lost 24 of the 40 I want to lose. Sometimes it's hard to see on our tall frames. My husband sees it :smile: Before and during pictures are a fabulous motivator! You're doing a great job, keep it up! You are beautiful and you will look amazing at your wedding! Huge Congrats on your weight lose and your marriage!! I wish you all the best!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!