Dr visit - 3 month followup with great results

Options
Calliope610
Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
Just got back from an appointment with my primary care doctor. I am 50yo, 5'4", 218 lbs, pre-diabetic, hypertensive and have high cholesterol.

Two months of good diet and exercise resulted with
1) drop in A1C from 6.8 to 5.9
2) drop in total cholesterol from 196 to 177
3) drop in triglycerides from 300 to 166 and
4) drop in fasting sugar levels from 155 to 139.
5) HDL and LDL levels are normal.
6) And an 8lb weight loss, from 226 in January 2013 to 218 today. My all time high weight according to Dr's records was 237 in March 2011.

Dr was SO pleased with my progress and was very proud of me. She was impressed that I was able to do all that as a result of only 2 months (60 days!) of effort. I promised her that I would be under 200lbs by the time of my next appointment in July.

Replies

• lorenavanessa
    lorenavanessa Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    That is great news!! Nothing like the proof in hand of all your hard working paying off! I know you will be able to keep it up and meet your goals by your next appointment. Congrats!
  • Sharla_G
    Sharla_G Posts: 72
    Options
    Exciting! Those stats are awesome. Whipping those triglycerides!
  • Fantastic =D
  • FettsLady
    FettsLady Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    That's awesome and what a great victory in such a short amount of time!! Congrats!
  • nlehmann
    nlehmann Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Great Job, nothing like results for motiviation to keep going!
  • MrsTorresisBACK
    MrsTorresisBACK Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm so inspired by your story as i too have the same issues and my dr. appointment is in a few weeks. I'm hoping ontop of my 13lbs weight loss my HDL, LDL, TriG's and Cholesteral have improved as well. I also hoping my Blood Pressure gets better over time and won't need meds anymore....

Great Results!! Keep up the fantastic work...you truely inspired me!!

All the best!!!
  • fbcarlson
    fbcarlson Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on a GREAT Doctors visit!!! Fantastic results and I know you will meet your goals! Way to go!!!
  • weatheredcheese
    weatheredcheese Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Well done, my doctor was uncertain about my healthy when my asthma returned, when I saw him in Feb i weighed 18 and half sti=one, I am to return in May and am currently 17 Stone and have basically stopped using my inhaler as I dont seem to need it any more!
  • April_Christine
    April_Christine Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!
  • cajungirltx
    cajungirltx Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Good for you...keep it up!!!
  • VasylP
    VasylP Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    That is super! Happy for you! I'm sure you will reach your goals... Have a great week!
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    Awesome news! The real pay off. congratulations
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Fantastic news! I would like you to share how you did it, because this is truly a success story. Was it all through eating right and exercising? Were you on a special plan? Were you given supplements?

I think you are a shining example of a positive role model for others who are struggling. Let your story shine like a beacon to those who need a little light in their lives!
  • rubberbiscuit
    Options
    Nice going! Those are awesome numbers and you should be very proud of yourself. It's fun when you can impress your doctor and their staff. I'd be walking on air for the next few days if I were you.
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    That's great! You're doing great! Good for you!
  • Lizsullie
    Lizsullie Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Great work! It must be such a great feeling to know that you're doing something so good for yourself :) Keep it up!
  • fishbarn
    fishbarn Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    That is great news!
  • peanutbutterz
    peanutbutterz Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Great news and results!! amazing!!!
  • silvercanoe
    silvercanoe Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome! Keep up the great work!
  • marinella69686
    marinella69686 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Nothing is more motivating than seeing progress. Keep it up!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!