Losing weight is easy !!

Options
Okay so last year i was 17 and in december,2012 i weighed 250 lbs !! i looked like a 40 year old man !! nobody believed me that i was 17 !! they laughed !! so i had it with all of this overweight thing and people tellin me to lose weight all the time !! So i starting counting calories instead of completely changing the way i eat !!! like i allowed my self to have anything i crave for that way i wouldn't give my body a hard time !! When i thought of losing weight first thing that came to my mind was how hard people say this is ?? will i be able to become fit or stay like this FO'EVAAAH ?? so i searched around and some guy had this article on eat anything just stay under ur goal!! so i gave it a try !! and the first week i dropped 4 lbs !!! just by reducing a 1000 cals from my 3100 daily limit !! i should've lost more then that but i had no physical exercise that week !! so 4 lbs motivated me and i kept doing the same thing !!EAT ANYTHING STAY UNDER UR GOAL !! Plus i added boxing and running 7 days a week !! i fell in love with them !! The way jogging makes me feel is just out of the world !! i kept losing 10 lbs a month !! and now i am 50 lbs down just 10 lbs away from my goal !! SO NO MATTER WHAT PEOPLE SAY ABOUT HOW HARD LOSING WEIGHT IS ?? ITS NOT !! JUST COUNT CALORIES !! :)

HOPE I MOTIVATED SOME PEOPLE !!

Replies

• April_Christine
    April_Christine Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you!! :happy:
  • Donners185
    Donners185 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Well done for losing the weight!!! The science behind losing weight is fairly understandable, but I definitely feel the mental struggle is a lot harder sometimes. Suppose it just boils down to discipline, goals and focus really. (And also not deprieving yourself completely as it usually leads to major fails). Hope you reach your goal soon!! :smile:
  • sadyel
    sadyel Posts: 250
    Options
    well done! you've done great!! :) Simple as that really isn't it some people disagree but I think as long as long as calories in are less than calories out, then your going to lose weight no matter what you eat, too many people either do the fad diets and get bored of them and binge on a load of crap or try to eat to clean and go the same way
  • elmionka
    elmionka Posts: 5
    Options
    WoW AMAZING! congratulations!
    Did you just sum up calories or were strict with carbs/fat/protein/sugar daily limits?
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Well you are young and male so you do have some advantage there. Well done though, you should be very proud for sticking with it. :-)
  • sharon_moyer
    Options
    Wow your story sounds amazing and I congratulate you on how well your doing! May I say though that I believe that motivation has to be a part of the equation in losing weight and we don't won't to forget dedication and determination. I found out that i needed to start losing weight in November 2012, I weighed 181, and to date I have lost 10 pounds. I now weigh 171 and I'm beginning to feel really good about myself. Each one of us needs to do whatever works for us when it comes to loosing weight. I consider it a great day when I can exercise and stay under my calorie goal.
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Well done! I was discussing this with hubby last night and all those who have a problem (warning - sweeping generalisation coming up!) seem to expect just joining MFP to make the weight fall off!

The truth is, if you want to lose weight you have to eat less. If you don't want to eat a lot less, then exercise more! You can put on weight eating only 3000 calories of lettuce (I dread to think what it would do to you:noway: ) and lose weight eating only 1200 calories of ice cream - but neither is a healthy option.

Like you, I wat ch the calories and add in exercise and it works. I don't stress over macros -obviously I try to keep sugar and fat within range, but if the sugar is from fruit I'm not bothered about going over. And I just log whatever calories etiher MFP or the Wii says I've burned on an activity - a lot of people say its too generous, but so far its working OK. It may change when I get to the last few lbs, but we'll see.

But well done to you for making the change, and for encouraging people not to sweat the small stuff: fewer calories in + more exercise = weight loss. end of.:smile:
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    Congratulations.

Yes, losing weight is, in the mechanical sense, straightforward. But no, it's not easy.

Personally, I found the first 80lbs quite easy to lose. It's getting beyond that and keeping it there that's been a real challenge. The sustained slog of years of focused attention.
  • Leonardo_Gosh
    Options
    i never focused on how many fats,protein,sugar etc something has !! That's just mental torture !! just stay under ur goal !! regularly exercise and fat has nowhere to go !!
  • paulperryman
    paulperryman Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Im finding it really easy this time around too, the last time i lost any serious weight was 18yrs ago, i lost alot of weight but was flabby skinny with some six pack even tho i was doing around 10hrs of Karate classes a week + bush walking almost every day, i also gave up all red meat for 6yrs at that point and lived a fruitarian/vegetarian lifestyle 2 days a week. Wouldn't recommend that just saying thats what i had to do to lose alot of weight

This time around i'm 40 now and all i've had to do is start taking blood pressure medicine due to finding out i had level 2 hypertension without even realising it, drop the junk food, soft drinks, sugar and excess coffee and exercise for 60mins 6 days a week and i'm losing a kilo a week without losing a step in 6 weeks so far.

Could be easier but i'm feeling great and have alot more stamina and the kicker after 6 weeks the cm's around my midesection are finally starting to reduce and sleep apnea has subsided considerably and i don't wake up with headaches every morning.

as for the macro nutrients i just try to keep proteins up and the carbs are about 75% the rest i just eat til i'm not hungry regardless of exercise or not so around 1500-2000 on any given day some days lower.
  • Leonardo_Gosh
    Options
    well done! you've done great!! :) Simple as that really isn't it some people disagree but I think as long as long as calories in are less than calories out, then your going to lose weight no matter what you eat, too many people either do the fad diets and get bored of them and binge on a load of crap or try to eat to clean and go the same way

Couldn't agree more !! :)
  • MissMormie
    MissMormie Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I feel it's unfair to say that losing weight is easy, just because it was easy for you. If it really was that easy why are there so many people overweight? Yes, the theory is easy, eat less than you use and you'll lose weight, in practice there's a whole emotional, habitual and motivational side to it as well. Because to lose weight you need to make the right choice basically every time, while to gain weight you only need to make a few bad choices per day. And to maintain weight you'll need to make mostly right choices for the rest of your life. For most people that is hard, especially as there are so many options to make wrong choices. Candy on a coworkers desk, rain when you were planning your run, birthday cakes, friends who lovingly cooked you a very fat dinner.

But I'm happy for you that it's easy for you, I hope it stays that way.
  • eamartin
    eamartin Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Congrats! So you joined MFP to help with the last 10 pounds? How were you tracking before?
  • weatheredcheese
    weatheredcheese Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • LoriIone
    LoriIone Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting! This is inspiring to me!
  • Leonardo_Gosh
    Options
    Congrats! So you joined MFP to help with the last 10 pounds? How were you tracking before?

I lost 50 pounds with MFP, but i deactivated the other account !! and made this one yesterday !! :)
  • eamartin
    eamartin Posts: 216 Member
    Options

I lost 50 pounds with MFP, but i deactivated the other account !! and made this one yesterday !! :)

Oh, Because you commented on a post that you were new to the site. :ohwell:
  • Leonardo_Gosh
    Options
    I feel it's unfair to say that losing weight is easy, just because it was easy for you. If it really was that easy why are there so many people overweight? Yes, the theory is easy, eat less than you use and you'll lose weight, in practice there's a whole emotional, habitual and motivational side to it as well. Because to lose weight you need to make the right choice basically every time, while to gain weight you only need to make a few bad choices per day. And to maintain weight you'll need to make mostly right choices for the rest of your life. For most people that is hard, especially as there are so many options to make wrong choices. Candy on a coworkers desk, rain when you were planning your run, birthday cakes, friends who lovingly cooked you a very fat dinner.

But I'm happy for you that it's easy for you, I hope it stays that way.

If it really was that easy why are there so many people overweight?
    Most overweight people when decide to lose weight either go on a stupid fad diet or a juice fast !! they fail miserably and end up binge eating on loads of crap !!

I think it worked for me because i am 18 ,have more time,less responsibilities and faster metabolism !!
    and i pretty much agree with you thats its harder when ur older !!
  • Leonardo_Gosh
    Options

Oh, Because you commented on a post that you were new to the site. :ohwell:

u did read that post ?? It says" Need some friends" because MFP is totally boring if u dont have any friends !! Had to write that i am new here :P
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!