Why is this happening

Options
I am loosing 1lb a week and have got 3 lbs to go until my target weight. What I have noticed is that if I go over my calorie allowance of 1200 even if only by a few calories I am putting the weight back on - I don't understand why this is and makes me worried that once I reach my target I will just start putting weight back on - even just eating sensibly - HELP.

Replies

• tricksee
    tricksee Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    How often do you weigh?

*stands back and waits for reply "every day"*
  • toomuchbootyindapants
    toomuchbootyindapants Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    How often do you weigh?

*stands back and waits for reply "every day"*

wait, I thought three times a day was normal? Pre-poop, post-poop, and post-binge?? *I'm doing it all wrong!*
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    To start with you're aiming to lose too much since so close to goal weight..change your settings to lose .5 lb then come back.
  • PixieNana2013
    PixieNana2013 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    First of all well done for loosing so much weight. Apparently you need to eat 3,500 calories extra to put on one pound (or eat 3,500 less a week to loose one pound), so by eating just a few calories more is not going to make much difference. Your weight can vary by up to two pounds, so its best to weigh once a week at the same time - morning is best in the nude. As for putting the weight back on when you've reached your target, I'm afraid to say that you will if you don't go on a maintenance diet, which means working out how many calories you need on a daily basis. I'm on 1,200 and loosing around one pound a week, so my needs are around 1,700. Therefore if you want to keep the weight off you'll have to watch what you eat for the rest of your life.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    You are talking about 3 vanity lbs. 3 lbs will not make a difference at all in your body look it's just a number. Second, 1200 calories isn't a lot, especially if you are active. And you are gaining when you go over it because it's just your bodies natural fluctuation. Weight loss is about trends not daily weigh ins. Why don't you stop trying to lose weight, set a moderate deficit (like 1/2 lb per week) and start doing some weight training if you aren't doing it already. If you work on athletic performance, you might be surprised to lose a few lbs on the way.
  • ariswilson
    ariswilson Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Many thanks for the advice. Have started Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred and I figure if I loose another 2lbs then I will be 2lbs under my target weight and can have these to play with. Thanks again. Aris
  • ariswilson
    ariswilson Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    lol - sorry - I thought nobody had responded :-)
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Many thanks for the advice. Have started Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred and I figure if I loose another 2lbs then I will be 2lbs under my target weight and can have these to play with. Thanks again. Aris

You are focusing far too much on how you weigh. Will those 2lbs make any difference to your appearance? Why do you need to have them to 'play with'?

I can lose 2lb after a toilet visit. I could take off my jeans and lose 2lb. You don't walk around with a banner with your weight on it, so go by how you feel, not a measley 2lb!
  • Gail3260
    Gail3260 Posts: 354 Member
    Options

You are focusing far too much on how you weigh. Will those 2lbs make any difference to your appearance? Why do you need to have them to 'play with'?

I can lose 2lb after a toilet visit. I could take off my jeans and lose 2lb. You don't walk around with a banner with your weight on it, so go by how you feel, not a measley 2lb!

^^^ This....however I do understand the frustration of being so close to a goal and not quite getting there.