strong lifts 5x5

Options
Can someone please explain to me what this is about? When I searched I just came up with people talking about the fact that they're doing it, not what they're doing exactly. I want to start lifting heavy, but right now, "heavy" for me is 15lbs, and I know that sounds piddly to most people. Anyone want to help me out with some direction?

Replies

• MrsBach
    MrsBach Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Google Stronglifts 5x5 and you will find the website. You will have to sign up to download the report and spreadsheet, but it's completely worth it. I'm on week 7 and still getting stronger!
  • Dfracassa
    Dfracassa Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Google Stronglifts 5x5 and you will find the website. You will have to sign up to download the report and spreadsheet, but it's completely worth it. I'm on week 7 and still getting stronger!

Thanks, I will! :-)
  • CALake
    CALake Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Check out the 5x5 women's group on here. Someone sifted through all of Mendi's rambling from the .pdf and put the program into one succinct post.
  • Dfracassa
    Dfracassa Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Check out the 5x5 women's group on here. Someone sifted through all of Mendi's rambling from the .pdf and put the program into one succinct post.

Dang! That will be perfect, thanks! Also, is your photo from a Warrior Dash?
  • cb83580
    cb83580 Posts: 136 Member
    Options

Yep. This! Much easier to understand in the group post.

Go here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/4618-stronglifts-5x5-for-women
  • Bettyeditor
    Bettyeditor Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Can someone please explain to me what this is about? When I searched I just came up with people talking about the fact that they're doing it, not what they're doing exactly. I want to start lifting heavy, but right now, "heavy" for me is 15lbs, and I know that sounds piddly to most people. Anyone want to help me out with some direction?

I recommend that you go here: http://stronglifts.com/ and click play on the video and listen to it. I didn't understand what it was either until I listened to that video -- it explains all! :flowerforyou:
  • gerard54
    gerard54 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Bodybuilding.com will help you learn the exercises...
  • Cheri_Moves
    Cheri_Moves Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    iphone has an app for it as well... I use the app when I do stronglifts to track my workouts, my weight, sets and reps. Learn the lifts before starting the program.

I love it though :happy: Makee me feel strong and powerful.