Loving MFP in Anderson, SC!

Options
I'm Jim, and I'm from Anderson, SC. I'm originally from Chicago, so settling into a region where "Southern Cooking" is the norm has caused my waistline to increase much more than anticipated.

My wife and I have gone up and down over and over with NutriSystem and Weight Watchers, and while we were definitely successful, lately we have ZERO motivation to continue. Being a tech geek, I recently opted for WW's online tools, and I found them to be terribly cumbersome, unintuitive, slow, and overall, just a huge pain in the rear to use.

We stumbled on MyFitnessPal, and we are simply blown away by the thought, detail, and effort that has gone into the site and the Android app. It is very complete and thorough, yet it remains simple and quick to use. (And frankly, I have yet to find a food item that isn't in the database!) Tracking is simple--so simple, in fact, that it makes me WANT to track.

I recently weighed one of our dogs, and she is a medium pooch at about 45 pounds. When I think about how much I weigh now compared to what I weighed about 10 years ago, I discovered that I'm basically carrying her around with me everywhere I go. Simply put, I would rather walk my dog than carry her!

So, thanks to MyFitnessPal, I hope I can achieve that goal.

Jim

Replies

• brainfreeze411
    brainfreeze411 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I just moved to the south about a year ago so I can relate to the "Southern cooking". I'm sure MFP will help us on our way to our goal!
  • sandyinsc
    sandyinsc Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Yup, I'm loving it down here in Charleston! MFP continues to be pivotal in my fitness journey. Got the weight where I want it and now am working on fitness/muscle/stamina.

MFP ROCKS!