Butt building =]

Options
Usually we do not perform butt-specific exercises and when we do exercises where butt muscles are involved we mainly concentrate on other muscles primarily involved in the movements like in squats exercise. Squats can be a great butt muscle builder provided you focus on contracting the butt muscles hard, especially at the top of the movement.

-Butt muscles comprise of gluteus maximus, gluteus medius and gluteus minimus. Gluteus Maximus is the one of the largest and the strongest muscle in your whole body.

-You build what you focus upon. When doing the butt exercises you need to focus and contract your butt muscles as hard as you can. Tensed muscles recruit more muscles fibers helping build more fibers for your next workout.

-Perform butt-specific exercises and not merely exercises where butt muscles are used as stabilizers.

-Proper stretching using bodyweight exercises is crucial for any butt-building program. Never ignore it. Also stretch thighs and calves as they are prone to muscle-catches in lower body exercises.

-Plan a specific day for building butt muscles. You can also combine your leg and butt training as a few exercises coincide.

The 5 absolute best butt exercises are Lunges, Squats, Stiff Legged Dead lifts, Leg Presses and cable Glute extensions. There are a lot of fancy butt exercises but they do nothing but stretch your glutes. The above 4 exercises will build the raw butt muscles which will make you butt look bigger, muscular and toned. Perform butt exercises only once per week. Butt muscles are very large and require a lot of rest to recuperate. Use any 2 exercises in addition to squats once a week for 2 weeks and then change to a newer workout. Perform thigh, calves and butt stretches for 5 minutes before performing these butt exercises.

Workout # 1
Squats 4 sets of 10,8,6 and 4 reps.

Lunges 3 sets of 10,8 and 6 reps

Cable Glute Extensions 3 sets of 10, 8 and 6 reps.

Workout # 2

Leg Press 3 sets of 10,8 and 6 reps

Cable Glute Extensions 3 sets of 10,8 and 6 reps

Workout # 3

Lunges 3 sets of 10,8 and 6 reps

Stiff Legged Deadlifts.

Replies

• mommamills
    mommamills Posts: 437
    Options
    thanks, imagymrat! I love all of your posts! keep 'em coming girl! :wink:
  • Beleau
    Beleau Posts: 143
    Options
    Thanks for the info.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Thank you soooooo much......this is the area I most want to work on right now!!
  • EmmyRose
    EmmyRose Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    This is excellent, thank you :)
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Thanks, just want to bump this over to my topics to build up my butt, I miss it:sad: :tongue:
  • mamitc01
    mamitc01 Posts: 43
    Options
    thanks, again!
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    I would include a medium weight calf raise as well. I am for about 30-40 constant reps, point toes out, then straight then inwards. This really gets the burn up the whole back of the leg for me :)
  • KeriD
    KeriD Posts: 324
    Options
    thank you again!
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    Thanks, just want to bump this over to my topics to build up my butt, I miss it:sad: :tongue:

I definitely agree! I know we can not spot reduce, but is there anyway to spot pervent? Mine was first to go. :bigsmile:
  • size7again
    size7again Posts: 81
    Options
    bump
  • barty
    barty Posts: 729
    Options
    Thanks Bump for later!!!!
  • imagymrat
    imagymrat Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I would include a medium weight calf raise as well. I am for about 30-40 constant reps, point toes out, then straight then inwards. This really gets the burn up the whole back of the leg for me :)

Great exercise, but will accomplish nothing for your glutes, stellar calves, but doesn't work the glutes. In order to work butt muscles there must be contraction int he glutes..there really isn't when you work your calves in the manner that you suggest. My post was to help out the butt..and no other muscle group....once people start to deviate from the muscle group they are trying to hit, they begin to lose focus, which is why I usually post on area specific parts, to keep the focus and the intensity on the part being worked..if it's a whole leg day, then absolutely include calf work....I don't work my glutes and my legs..(although you still of course work your legs) on the same day, I like to focus entirely on the glutes..which is why I gots me some buns o steel!! :laugh: :tongue:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options

I definitely agree! I know we can not spot reduce, but is there anyway to spot pervent? Mine was first to go. :bigsmile:
    I am not ALONE!!! :drinker:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options

I gots me some buns o steel!! :laugh: :tongue:
    I want me some of those!!!!!!!!!!!!!:smokin:
  • imagymrat
    Options

you crack me up! :laugh:
  • Dive_Girl
    Dive_Girl Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    My gym doesn't have a Cable Glute Extension machnine. Any alternative recommendations?
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options

you crack me up! :laugh:
    :blushing: :laugh:
  • imagymrat
    Options
    My gym doesn't have a Cable Glute Extension machnine. Any alternative recommendations?

you can use bands quite succesfully, wrap one around a pole then around your ankle, stand facing the pole, and execute the movement, lifting your leg straight up behind you while squeezing the heck outta your glutes...you can then hold the pole with one hand standing beside now, and do lifts...you will get the same effect of a glute extension done on the machine, you can do these at home as well, as long as you have a stable solid surface to attach a band to.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    bump
  • pmaria10
    pmaria10 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Bump...ya i need a butt lol