Need to stay consistent!

Options
I'm hoping that using these forums will help me stay committed. I seem to fizzle out as soon as I have a little loss.

How do you guys stay consistently committed?

Replies

• MadisonLeo
    Options
    For me, setting short term goals work best. For instance, I started mid-January and I have a trip to the beach coming up next week. So, I stayed consistent because I didn't want to look a hot mess in a bikini on the beach. Especially when the friend I am going with is a little thing and next to her, I would have looked like Shamu.

After that trip, my next short term goal will be a dress I bought and want to wear as soon as possible. So that will help me stay focused. Then my birthday is coming up end of summer so I am gonna want to be even smaller by then.

Short term goals help keep you wanting to keep going.

Hope this helps!
  • brainfreeze411
    brainfreeze411 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with MadisonLeo. Short term goals are the way to win. It gives you something to shoot for that won't take 6 months to reach. The feeling of success really helps you move forward. For me my first 10 lbs lost is my number 1 goal.
  • cadillacblues87
    Options
    I think I like the idea of short term goals. I have to find a way to stay focused on on a short term goal while still keeping the bigger picture in mind.