Ermahgerd!! Heaviest I've EVER been!

Options
13»

Replies

• GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! You made the first step! I was in exactly the same situation you were in December, when I released from the hospital on Christmas eve at my all time high weight! Decided that was it for me it was time to get serious!

I plan out meals for a week and go shopping for them, usually cook most things on Sunday, so it's all prepared keeps me from deciding well I'm not up to it today we can just order something. I also weigh daily as this way I can keep track if I'm doing something right or wrong and adjust quickly. If I wait a week then it's more to recover from. But also remember that the scale is just one tool in this journey, how clothes fit, how much easier it is to get up off the couch becomes (less shaking LOL)
  • twelfty
    twelfty Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    scottish austrailian, like colin hay :) welcome to mfp and get stuck in!
  • TdaniT
    TdaniT Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This site has been great in helping me in my journey to being a healthier me. I love that I can get instant support from many people any time of the day that I need it. We are all here doing the same thing so that helps!

For me, I started slow on changes. First I started drinking water, nothing but water. I had to get myself out of the habit of drinking soda. Now the only time I have soda is in a mixed drink. :wink: Then I started walking. 30 mins every day on the treadmill as I started during the cold months. After a while of that I began the couch25K program. I have never been a runner....ever. So this is quite an accomplishment for me and it gives me a goal other than just losing weight. Next I worked on my diet. I cut down on my portion sizes first. Then I had a talk with my husband and son and they came on board with us eating mostly chicken and fish, having red meat/pork once or twice a week.

Of course this is all still a work in process for me. I have lost 14lbs in about 5 months, with one month I totally slacked on. I am pretty impatient and wish I could lose it quicker. However I know that if I lose it slow it will stick with me. I will learn how to be healthy and I won't have to stress as much in the future.

Good luck and definitely welcome to the family! :drinker:
  • celestinha
    celestinha Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! MFP is such a great resource to help with losing weight :) I added you - hope that's alright!
  • jenndymond
    jenndymond Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hey and welcome!
    Friendly advice make sure to take pictures and measurements. They will save you heart ache later when you dont think your loosing anything!

O and be patient!!!!

Best if everything to you and happy logging!
  • Southernb3lle
    Southernb3lle Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Welcome in finding the wonderful place that is Myfitness Pal. You will find it is extremely helpful and the support that others give is amazing. I wish you the best of luck with your journey and please feel free to add me if you like. :)
  • sandobr1
    sandobr1 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck. I still remember the feeling of having to change my habits drastically and leaving fat, dumb and happy behind, it seemed so daunting to start. Now I can no longer imagine or desire to go back to my old ways, every so often after a day of overeating I am reminded going back is not an option, or something I want. Time is passing, either way, so much better to be lighter and fitter.
  • DuckDynastyMakesMeLaugh
    Options
    Welcome! Add me, I'm relatively new too!
    Your Harlem Shake reference made me smile!:laugh:
  • joolson45
    joolson45 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!!!! feel free to add me...:)
  • agrant85
    agrant85 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! I just started this journey last month. I will add you and we can encourage each other! Way to go on making the start!
  • sylv1979
    sylv1979 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hey Scottish Australian Person haha. I'm Scottish myself :)

Found this site 5 wks ago and logging food is a real eye opener and definitely the way forward for me. I am now officially addicted to this site, the recipes, the funny posts, the lot!

Good luck. Feel free to add me.

Oh and I weigh in a Monday morning, works for me. Been taking measurement too and progress pics so hope nobody nicks my phone, they will get a wee surprise haha x

Ha ha! whereyefae?

I'm fae Glenrothes in Fife :). x
  • KneeRescuer
    KneeRescuer Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey Scottish Australian Person haha. I'm Scottish myself :)

Found this site 5 wks ago and logging food is a real eye opener and definitely the way forward for me. I am now officially addicted to this site, the recipes, the funny posts, the lot!

Good luck. Feel free to add me.

Oh and I weigh in a Monday morning, works for me. Been taking measurement too and progress pics so hope nobody nicks my phone, they will get a wee surprise haha x

Ha ha! whereyefae?

I'm fae Glenrothes in Fife :). x

Aw a Fifer! I'm from that posh place across the Bridge.

Thanks everyone for your posts. This is an amazing place!

Have a wonderful day/evening folks!