No Calorie foods..

Options
Hey everyone. Is there any no calorie foods out there? veggies? fruits? anything?

Replies

• emmymcq
    emmymcq Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    No such thing as no calorie, per se, but there are certain foods that are extremely low calorie. Celery comes to mind for me, but I'm sure there's more.
  • iwillbetinytea
    iwillbetinytea Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Celery, cucumber, swede, chilli, lemon/lime, lettuce. All the delicious foods...lol...
  • tomato915
    tomato915 Posts: 40
    Options
    Well, in Japan, there is a no calorie jelly. I used to eat it, it is pretty good... has lots of flavors. :) But idk how it would turn out if you only eat that tho. :s

Here's the link:

http://travel.cnn.com/tokyo/drink/japan-calorie-free-lunch-156042
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    Water.
  • Whipppets
    Whipppets Posts: 267
    Options
    celery, cucumbers lemon water.. .squeeze a lemon in some water.. Peppers Spinach.. These all have minimal calories.
    Watermeolon goes in and out fast..
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Ice.

That's about the only no calorie food. Most non-starchy vegetables are very low in calories and you can pretty much eat as much as you want without worry.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    There is no such thing as a no-calorie food.
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options

pickles yo!

technically not zero, but so little energy is gleaned from them that the label does read 0 cal.
  • LaLouve_RK
    LaLouve_RK Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    French's Classic Yellow mustard has ZERO calories :tongue:
  • cb83580
    cb83580 Posts: 136 Member
    Options

pickles yo!

technically not zero, but so little energy is gleaned from them that the label does read 0 cal.

Zero calories per serving, that is. If the suggested serving size has less than 5 calories, they're allowed to list it as zero. However, if you eat half the jar, you're still eating at least 40 calories or more.
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options

pickles yo!

Zero calories per serving, that is. If the suggested serving size has less than 5 calories, they're allowed to list it as zero. However, if you eat half the jar, you're still eating at least 40 calories or more.

Yep
  • coolcat190969
    Options
    French's Classic Yellow mustard has ZERO calories :tongue:

This is true, but both prepared mustard and pickles have large amounts of sodium, which cause water to be retained by the body, which limits weight loss
  • divacowgirl
    Options
    Love dill pickles
  • TammyVieu
    TammyVieu Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Butter topping spray. I don't know how, but that is what the label says.
  • Frankii_x
    Frankii_x Posts: 238
    Options
    Hey,

There aren't 'no calorie foods' because a calorie is a way of providing energy to the body which all food does :)

But like the other guys have said keep up with the veggies in particular because they are low in calories and have a lot of nutritional value xxx
  • barbaraanne1979
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the answers. As much as I love food, I never pay attention to calories, but didn't think there were any "no" calorie foods. Just thought I'd ask anyway. :)
  • HSingMomto7Kids
    HSingMomto7Kids Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    A salad is a great low calories..greens..etc