I need lots of help

Options
Hi have been following this for over 2 months now and still haven't lost anything, not sure what I am doing wrong. I have been eating within my calories most days but I think it could be the weekends that sabotage my hard work. I walk two miles every day with my colleague and then I also take my dog out every night so I am getting enough exercise.

I have dropped my calories down to 1200 a day to see if this helps? Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I am getting really fed up and almost want to give up.

Caroline

Replies

• rickholden9
    Options
    Sounds like you need to up your heart rate during your walks. Talk to your Dr as to what your heart rate should be to best burn fat. If you really want to lose the weight you will need to stay in your calorie count most if not all the time. Choices in food matters a lot as well. Good luck you can do it.
  • m4ttcheek
    m4ttcheek Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Make your food diary available to view.
  • Bizzarrini
    Bizzarrini Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hi Caroline,

I have just started and done 1200 for 2 weeks and it is working for me. Make sure you include calories from all drinks as they add up and write down EVERYTHING. It's really helping me to see where all the calories come from. It's true that 1200 is not very many and it can be hard to stick to but if you are careful it is OK.

Don't overestimate how much you burn in a two mile walk. It's not much. In order to lose weight you really need to step it up a gear. Join a gym and go 3 times a week to start with.

Check what kind of calories you are eating. Make them all work for you. Are they giving you nutrition and not just filling you up? People advocate more protein and less carbs - maybe try that?

Drink plenty of water.

Rethink your mindset. 'Treating' yourself at weekends is no treat at all. Because what you really want is to lose weight. Include yummy things that you crave in your daily calories. I have a packet of crisps/ a slice of cake or some chocolates sometimes. They are lovely and do give pleasure but don't steer me away from my path. Losing weight shouldn't be miserable. But you do need discipline.

Really hope you see some results soon. Don't give up and go back to your previous diet! These are changes for the rest of your life. For health and the body you want.
  • angelarobinson71
    angelarobinson71 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    it takes time so please dont give up ... it took me 3 months to loose 5lbs but once I saw it on the scale I jumped for joy. keep with it . it will happen and now that the weather is getting warmer you will get more exercise......stay with it!!!
  • magpie0
    magpie0 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Are you eating back the walking calories? It's not really a heavy exercise. I wouldn't count it.
  • edack72
    edack72 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Wow this sounds exactly like me!!!! Weekends always seem to center around food and drink I have also dropped to 1200 calories and trying so hard to not "eat back" my exercise calories. Walking is a great exercise add some hills that will get he HR up there..Keep up the good work!!!
  • carolineloxton
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your encouraging words I will try and keep within my calories and see what happens on Sunday when I weigh in. I am going to do a 4 mile walk today which includes lots of hills and then flat which will bring my heart rate up and hopefully earn me some more calories.

I have tried to walk quicker which seems to bring my heart rate up.