food to make you fuller longer?

Options
2»

Replies

• toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    You need food with lots of fiber not protein. Oats, vegetables, fruits, legumes. Also if you're eating foods such as rice, pasta and bread eat the brown variety as they always have higher fiber content and will defiantly keep you full.

I personally don't find this to be true at all. I used to have a whole wheat bagel for breakfast every morning, and I'd be starving by 10 or 11am. I've switched to eggs and bacon, similar amount in calories, and it keeps me full waaaay longer. Protein is way more filling... for me anyway!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I am going to be a contrarian here. If you are 5'7" and weigh 114 lbs, you are in the underweight category with a BMI of 17.9.

If you're hungry, have a cookie.

I was thinking the same thing!

No need for either of these comments? Just because she's slim doesn't mean she hold eat unhealthily because she's hungry?

We could ask a medical professional which is less healthy, an occasional cookie or having a BMI in the anorexic category and still obsessing about your calories. I have a really strong hunch what the answer would be. Any medical professionals here want to chime in?

So many people complain about BMI telling them they are overweight when they are SO sure they are not. But a slightly underweight BMI is automatically a sign of an eating disorder. :huh:

I don't know how recent the OP's proflie pic is, but she does not look unhealthy in it. She looks fit.
  • vypeters
    vypeters Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I am going to be a contrarian here. If you are 5'7" and weigh 114 lbs, you are in the underweight category with a BMI of 17.9.

No need for either of these comments? Just because she's slim doesn't mean she hold eat unhealthily because she's hungry?

We could ask a medical professional which is less healthy, an occasional cookie or having a BMI in the anorexic category and still obsessing about your calories. I have a really strong hunch what the answer would be. Any medical professionals here want to chime in?

So many people complain about BMI telling them they are overweight when they are SO sure they are not. But a slightly underweight BMI is automatically a sign of an eating disorder. :huh:

I don't know how recent the OP's proflie pic is, but she does not look unhealthy in it. She looks fit.

I very carefully DID NOT say she had an eating disorder. I discussed her BMI range. Not only is it in the underweight category, but the weight definition of anorexic (there's more to it than JUST the weight) is 15% below ideal weight. Her ideal weight is 135 at 5'7". 15% below 135 is 114.75. If she weighs 114 her weight is in the anorexic category.

That is not a diagnosis, it's a simple statement. As I said, there's much more to anorexia than JUST the weight, but she does meet that one piece of the criteria.

When my weight was 335, I was in the super morbidly obese category. When I got down to 329 I was in the morbidly obese category until I hit 262 at which time I was obese. Then at 196 I became overweight and at 164 I finally hit normal weight. I didn't have to like being told I was morbidly obese, but it was a statement of fact.
  • irish_angel
    Options
    I eat whatever I want I will sit there an kill a box of zebra cakes an still be hungry.
    P.S. they r better frozen, I'm not trying to lose weight just tone up so I can keep up.with my kiddos
  • irish_angel
    Options
    I eat whatever I want I will sit there an kill a box of zebra cakes an still be hungry.
    P.S. they r better frozen, I'm not trying to lose weight just tone up so I can keep up.with my kiddos
  • irish_angel
    Options
    Just because I have a high metabolism doesn't mean I have an eating disorder, if you diet to much you force your body into starvation mode an will it will be harder to lose weight .

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

I very carefully DID NOT say she had an eating disorder. I discussed her BMI range. Not only is it in the underweight category, but the weight definition of anorexic (there's more to it than JUST the weight) is 15% below ideal weight. Her ideal weight is 135 at 5'7". 15% below 135 is 114.75. If she weighs 114 her weight is in the anorexic category.

That is not a diagnosis, it's a simple statement. As I said, there's much more to anorexia than JUST the weight, but she does meet that one piece of the criteria.

When my weight was 335, I was in the super morbidly obese category. When I got down to 329 I was in the morbidly obese category until I hit 262 at which time I was obese. Then at 196 I became overweight and at 164 I finally hit normal weight. I didn't have to like being told I was morbidly obese, but it was a statement of fact.

Her BMI is not in the "anorexic range" by any calculator I can find. What chart/calculator did you use? It is in the "underweight" range. Which simply means she is under that average healthy range. That's all. And she's not much under.
  • nycgirlie87
    Options
    Chia seeds!

I make my own chia bars and store them in the freezer. Let me know if you want the recipe, its approx 250 cals per bar but they keep me full for half the day while at work and I don't have any food cravings.