Hello! I'm new :)

Options
Hi, I'm Tomomi. I'm half Japanese and half Filipina, 4'9"~4'10" in height and I weigh around 118~120lbs. I'm overweight, I know. :( So I just started going to the gym and running about a week ago after 3 years! The last time was when I was 19... I ran on a treadmill for 30mins to an hour so easy. But now, I'm struggling to run even just for 10mins. But I know I can get in shape again if I keep this up. :D I saw how supportive the people are so I thought you guys can be my inspiration/motivation for losing weight! Hope to make new friends. :)

xoxo

Replies

• Rpeat1
    Rpeat1 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi Tomomi!

The bad news on the running is that your physical fitness from 3 years ago will be long gone in running terms - so you did great to get to 10 minutes - but the good news is you never lose the mental strength that tells you that you can do an hour easily. Just build it up nice and slowly. Your muscles, including the CV ones, will adapt really quickly but tendons and ligaments take longer to adapt to the new strains.

Rob
  • tomato915
    tomato915 Posts: 40
    Options
    Hi Tomomi!

The bad news on the running is that your physical fitness from 3 years ago will be long gone in running terms - so you did great to get to 10 minutes - but the good news is you never lose the mental strength that tells you that you can do an hour easily. Just build it up nice and slowly. Your muscles, including the CV ones, will adapt really quickly but tendons and ligaments take longer to adapt to the new strains.

Rob

Yes, true. My lower leg on the right is hurting for days now, but I try to resist it because it goes away after a few minutes of running. But I'm not sure if it's good that I'm trying to resist it or not. Lol

Thank you! <3
  • JonnaM0916
    JonnaM0916 Posts: 113
    Options
    You got me beat lol. I can't even run 10 minutes straight anymore. I am working my way up starting with brisk walking and doing 30 day shred. Hopefully I will get there one day! :smile:
  • tomato915
    Options
    You got me beat lol. I can't even run 10 minutes straight anymore. I am working my way up starting with brisk walking and doing 30 day shred. Hopefully I will get there one day! :smile:

Yes, you can! Goodluck to you! <3
  • coacherik
    coacherik Posts: 73
    Options
    It takes a little time, but it does come back. I started with 30 min on treadmill about 2 months ago... walk for 5 min, run for 1 min...
    slowly i added a little more. Today I ran my 1st mile on the treadmill (jogged at 3.8-4.3 pace). 15:05 mile... which was awesome, but it took time to get there.

Good Luck, You can do it!!!
  • tomato915
    Options
    It takes a little time, but it does come back. I started with 30 min on treadmill about 2 months ago... walk for 5 min, run for 1 min...
    slowly i added a little more. Today I ran my 1st mile on the treadmill (jogged at 3.8-4.3 pace). 15:05 mile... which was awesome, but it took time to get there.

Good Luck, You can do it!!!

Thank you for the support! <3
  • Leonardo_Gosh
    Options
    Add me if you like !!
  • tomato915
    Options
    Add me if you like !!

I added you :D Thanks for dropping by <3 Btw, is that you? You look nice. :) I hope one day I can be as fit... for a girl ofc!
  • mchase79
    mchase79 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like. I'm active duty military. Lost 31lbs so far getting lean and fit again after an injury and deployment.
  • kristenrobinson31
    Options
    Im new to this group. I trying to loss weight and transform my body. Im starting the Jamie Eason Livefit program. Have anyone tried it? Does it really works?
  • tomato915
    Options
    Add me if you like. I'm active duty military. Lost 31lbs so far getting lean and fit again after an injury and deployment.

Added. :) Sorry to hear about the injury, but it's great that you're getting better now! <3
    Im new to this group. I trying to loss weight and transform my body. Im starting the Jamie Eason Livefit program. Have anyone tried it? Does it really works?

I never heard of the program. But I'm pretty sure you'll get more replies if you post it in the "Fitness and Exercise" section. :)