I'm just starting

Options
I'm Josh and I was just referred to this site last week. I wish I had a tool like this years ago, long before where I've gotten myself to today. I like many here are probably starting their new lifestyle in the worst shape of their life. On Easter morning my family weighed themselves, my wife(with baby), and our 2 kids weighed less put together than I did (I was 252 lbs and am 5'10"). Talk about some motivation to change. So I began to change what I was eating and gave up my 1000+ cal a day of soda. A few days later I decided to get an idea where my blood pressure is at, it wasn't pretty, 161/113. So Last Thurs I began P90x for a workout. It's hard, and I can't do everything, YET. I'm looking for a group of people to help keep me honest, and push me towards my goal. I set a goal of 190 although I really just want to look and feel healthy for the first time since high school. I'm trying to treat this as a new lifestyle rather than a diet, but let me tell you a week in and it is already challenging.

Replies

• Tuesday20
    Tuesday20 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hi Josh!

GO YOU!! for deciding to make a change! All the best in your weight loss!! :D
  • slw0107
    slw0107 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi Josh. I'm on week 4 and it is tough but I'm just telling myself it will be worth it. You are more than welcome to be my friend! :smile:
  • mchase79
    mchase79 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard. I don't do P90x, but being military, my daily exercise is pretty intense and usually clock over 1k calories. Add me for some Army support.