I feel so low :'(

Options
This is not so much about dieting but...... I just feel like venting out and maybe hearing some good words that can brighten up this day a bit.

I work at a construction site, I began here in February (not so long ago) and on Friday we were told that the guy that would handle most of the work for this site QUIT! My boss came to me and asked me to make sure I took charge, I would help out the OTHER project superintendent (he doesn't know much english) and together we would finish this site by September.

Well, today is DAY No. 1 of proving myself, I always liked the fact that I was the ONLY girl working here & the fact that I had the chance to PROVE myself as a woman to them made it so EXCITING. I knew that work was going to be HECTIC and that there was going to be a lot of expectations from me. Well, I wake up today and it's dark and cold, what? Yesterday was so hot but OK, I come in and go look for my spanish-speaking co-worker to open the office trailer for me, as we walk towards the office trailer - he begins to tell me that he felt like quitting too, if it wasn't for the fact that he needed this job so bad, HE would. The reason being that when he came in today to the site - many of the buildings we had already painted and finished were VANDALIZED; there were RACIST writings in the wall, broken windows and these people even saw the need of taking a dump in the floor and using their feces to ALSO create RACIST comments on the walls. WOW.... That REALLY got me worried...

We come in to the office trailer and ... YEAH... they broke into our trailer and stole my computer!!!! Now, there's ONLY 1 computer here :'( - It totally sucks! Today is DAY NO. 1 and this happens??? I really feel down, I didn't want to start off with this? This isn't even a bad AREA? The school is mostly whites, a GREAT school, but... why? Why feel the need to do all this???

I feel so bad...

Replies

• lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Oooo . . . I hate vandalism! Always have thought it certainly takes a very uneducated and ignorant person to participate in that! What a bad way to start your day . . . . well at least it can only get better now . . . .
  • SoliQ
    SoliQ Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, the good thing is that they have YOU and like you said the only women there that is worry to take charge even with this horrible incident, don't rely on negative people, instead concentrate on what and how you will get out of this one with a positive attitude, Good Luck and don't feel bad tomorrow will be another day! ;)
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    there are always going to be bad people in this world, try to focus on the good people who stay with you and help you out. We are here for you and of course you will be able to handle this job! Vent all you need to!

man, those people must be really effed up to do all that.....(I was about to say "to do all that crap" but stopped myself lol)
  • tiffaniball06
    Options
    Just keep going and dont let them shake you. They are just trying to see how far they can push you and your coworker my husband works industrial costruction and one thing i have learned is That they try to scare the new guy just dont let them run over you. stand up take control and they will back down.
  • xarrium
    xarrium Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    "Why feel the need to do all this???"

I wish I knew... it broke my heart seeing what happened in downtown Toronto during the G20 last weekend--losers smashing storefront windows, including those of the small grocery/convenience stores that people are struggling to maintain to feed their families, and setting police cars on fire to "be badass" enough... and leaving Toronto taxpayers and those mom-and-pop store owners to foot the bill. I know two wrongs don't make a right, but when stuff like that happens it makes me want to give people a dose of their own medicine. >:(

On the bright side--it's not like you could have prevented any of this from happening, including the vandalism of the buildings... and now you have a chance to really show what you're made of. If you can use this as an opportunity to help "pick up the pieces" it'll probably get you more even respect from the "higher ups". You seem like a really strong woman, so I'm sure you'll have no problem proving yourself!

As for the weather... also not your fault, but it sucks. Funny how something as simple as the weather being cold can mean such a bad start to your day.

Keep your chin up, and don't let this get you down too much--you can do it!!
  • Halloweenmom2
    Options
    THANK YOU :D I needed some thing..