I've hit a schlump...

Options
Help!

I'm having issues seeing any results at all. For the past two weeks (perhaps a bit longer, I suppose) I have not lost any weight or inches. (I haven't gained either, so that's good).

I have switched up my routine, switched up my diet, since that got a bit routine as well. I'm still coming in where I need to as far as calories go, and I'm still working my *kitten* off..

But I'm not seeing any results...could it just be a momentary thing, or should I figure something out to get back on track...

Replies

• inky409
    inky409 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    i just went thru the same thing for about 4 weeks. i kept at it but i know the frustration. loved the support i got from here. it really helped. then, finally, i started to lose again. just hang in there - you'll get the results you want to see! :-)
  • jjoyce408
    jjoyce408 Posts: 24
    Options
    Thanks! You're probably right. I have to power through it....no sense in giving up now, since I'm already halfway there.
  • iLoveMyAR15
    iLoveMyAR15 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Give it a few more weeks before making any changes. See what happens then and re-evaluate from there
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Plateaus are 4-8 weeks long. It's not uncommon. At that time you need to evaluate a few things: routine (type of exercise) but more importantly, your calories (too much or too little). So if you want to post your stats and the two things, then we can at least give you a heads up post your 4 week plateau.
  • kingscrown
    kingscrown Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Just broke through a 3 month slump. My trainer told me to increase my calories eaten from 1200 to 1400. I also decided to follow a Tosca Reno Eat Clean menu for the week. I felt like I was eating way too much food. I figured a week wouldn't hurt me. Then I lost nearly 3 pounds. Weird. So, I'm sticking to the menu and see how far I can get.
  • jjoyce408
    Options
    Plateaus are 4-8 weeks long. It's not uncommon. At that time you need to evaluate a few things: routine (type of exercise) but more importantly, your calories (too much or too little). So if you want to post your stats and the two things, then we can at least give you a heads up post your 4 week plateau.

Well, I'm supposed to eat about 1200 calories a day, but I also eat what I burn after those 1200, because 1200 just doesn't seem like that much. So I eat about 1200...burn about 300+ (Depending on the workout routine), and I eat what I burn.

As far as workouts go, I vary them. I always do some sort of cardio. I jog/run, do the eliptical, or take my dog on long walks (she's a husky, so if it's not a looooong walk, then it's almost pointless for her). Somedays, I do a combo of the three. I also lift as well. Some days I just work on legs/core and others I do upperbody/core.

Cardio is always a big part of my routine, however, and I try to switch it up so my body doesn't get to familiar with one style.

32776628.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • jjoyce408
    Options
  • eileenchristine
    eileenchristine Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Would help if you opened up your diary for people to comment. Make sure what you are eating is clean and use food scale when in doubt of what something is caloriewise. I slowed way down in Feb. with only 1 lb loss. Upped my calories from 1250 to 1600 and am eating more often and eating back my exercise (which isn't much....sigh). Weight is coming back off! yeah!

important thing is to just keep learning bout health and stay with it you. We will get there eventually :)
  • jjoyce408
    Options
    Would help if you opened up your diary for people to comment. Make sure what you are eating is clean and use food scale when in doubt of what something is caloriewise.

I have no problem with that. I typically eat alot of baked chicken (made different ways, of course), fish, veggies (literally every day, adifferent veg...edamame is my favorite go-to), and I drink an unbelievable amount of water. I eat fiber bars or oatmeal for breakfast, and I snack on sunflower seeds or jerky...I'm a crazy jerky lady. Lunch is light--typically a chicken breast, or some fish, with quinoa and sliced fruit (lately, it's been fresh pineapple or strawberries), and dinner varies. For example, last night I had "brinner" which was an eggwhite omlet, turkey sausage, and a glass of OJ.

32776628.png
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options

Well, I'm supposed to eat about 1200 calories a day, but I also eat what I burn after those 1200, because 1200 just doesn't seem like that much. So I eat about 1200...burn about 300+ (Depending on the workout routine), and I eat what I burn.

As far as workouts go, I vary them. I always do some sort of cardio. I jog/run, do the eliptical, or take my dog on long walks (she's a husky, so if it's not a looooong walk, then it's almost pointless for her). Somedays, I do a combo of the three. I also lift as well. Some days I just work on legs/core and others I do upperbody/core.

Cardio is always a big part of my routine, however, and I try to switch it up so my body doesn't get to familiar with one style.

32776628.png

1500 calories a day may not be enough. Typically, the women i know and help lose at 1700-2100 that have equivalent workout schedules. What are you stats if you dont mind me asking.

On a side note, i would suggest making weight training a larger portion of you regime than cardio. Weight training provides better results since you minimize muscle loss .