How long did it take you to see results??

Options
I was just wondering how quickly/slowly it took everyone to really see/feel results when they first started working out/dieting?

I have about 10 pounds to go and have been consistantly working out five days a week for three weeks and not really seeing/feeling the results yet. I know it takes time. I think because I have always worked out on a consist basis ( 3 times a week) that my body it already used to my work out and I just need to "push" myself more.

Replies

• djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    Depends on what you mean by "started out." When I first started lifting, I an after pic 3 months later and noticed a tiny amount of difference. So I started working out more. But I wasn't really watching my diet. I started my cut diet when I signed up here end of January, and noticed drastic results quickly. Like, within a couple weeks. If you look at my before/after pics on my profile, about 80%-90% of that changed happened from the end of January to the end of March. Unfortunately, the results have slowed down in the last couple weeks. And I still have about 10 lbs to lose as well.
  • GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    Been lifting for a year. A -lot- stronger now, but no visible results yet.
  • BonaFideUK
    BonaFideUK Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    changes are so gradual that looking at yourself day-by-day won't show any difference. The first time I noticed a difference was when I compared 3 month pictures to my beginning pictures. I never realised used to look so fat.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Didn't take long for me cause I was working out 7 days a week, still am in fact. It took 7 months to lose my 35kg (77lbs) I wanted to lose. The last 5kg (11lbs) are always the hardest though.
  • CMGoodie
    CMGoodie Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Each one of us is different. I noticed the scale weekly....I noticed the looseness, in about 2 weeks, and noticed the tightness in the area that concerned me the most within 1-2 weeks. My upper abs (where my floaty) was was flattened in 2 weeks.
  • jc1961AA
    jc1961AA Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Been training seriously for the past 4 weeks now, convalescing from an operation in November, I had to stop all fitness (mainly cycling and gym). But now I am back to about 90% fitness wise. The scale is not changing much, lost between 0.5/1.0k. Ideally I would like to loose another 3kg but find it really hard to [I am 175cm for 78.5kg], I am going to give up with the weekly weight as I find it quite demoralising.

The mirror says otherwise. My love handles have started to shrink, not as much as I want but it's a start. I can see some kind of abs :laugh: . So yes it's working but it's bloody hard work. I also feel like I have a tonne more energy during the day
    JC
  • dr3w_s
    dr3w_s Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I joined a gym december last year and I was 75kg, now I'm 76kg but my waist are getting smaller and I can see more definition and bigger muscle. Trying to lose another 3kg to see abs hopefully.
  • theycallyoumister
    theycallyoumister Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    To noticeably "see" results I would say it took 6 months when I was a newbie. Also, in the beginning, you can double your strength without any visible change in your body.
  • skparker2
    skparker2 Posts: 132
    Options
    I am newer to MFP and started in the middle of February. Got a gym membership the last week of February.

had been consisently logging for over a month and I really wasn't seeing much. I also struggled, tho, with many cheat days & I was inconsistent with keeping my calorie goal. My clothes were getting looser and were fitting better but I wasn't dropping anything and was frustrated!

However, sometime in the middle of March, I started seeing results. I lost 2 pounds....then gained it back. I was at first upset but then remembered that you gain muscle. Then I lost the 2 pounds again. I've noticed that I lose about a pound a week. My endurance is up as well. It's taken me almost 2 months, but I have lost about 6 pounds :)
  • acostanx
    acostanx Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    It's only been a month for me since I started MFP and working out. I lost 3-4 pounds quick in the first week and then plateaud.
    I just "amped" up my cardio routines in this past week and am starting to see a difference. So in my case it's taken a lil over a month to start seeing some results.

So it all takes time. . .just be patient and don't quit!