Your view on women who were tights to the gym...or anywere..

Options

Replies

• loved1
    loved1 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    It depends on what the tights/leggings are made for.
    There are tights that are really just a type of hoisery that should only be worn under clothing/leotards.

There are running and workout tights that are made for and appropriate for exercise.

There are leggings that are too sheer and thin to be worn outside even for working out unless something is covering the rear. I had a complete view of someone's underwear last week because she was working out on the treadmill in front of me and her leggings were completely sheer.

I'm not a fan of leggings for fashion unless the rear is completely covered by something else.
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I can't say Ive ever been tights to the gym. Or anywhere........
  • sarahg148
    sarahg148 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    This is my faaaavorite thing to wear to work out. Not too hot, not too cold, no chafing and no worrying about what might show if I bend over or spread my legs for some reason. And damn it, I look good in them, big butt and all.

V5-1221793-008_HTF.jpg

As far as out and about, well it doesn't look as slovenly as sweats or PJs, which seems to be the look of choice around here. Leggings? Looks a bit ridiculous when you aren't wearing something that will cover your butt, but whatever floats your boat.

LOVE these pants!!!
  • NutritionDivaRD
    NutritionDivaRD Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Better than when women wear a sweater or towel wrapped around their *kitten* - that looks plain stupid.

You cannot tell me this looks stupid. Uncomfortable maybe...

KbRziN8.jpg

Alright....this seriously caused me to nearly spit my water all over my computer screen as I fought back the laughter that bubbled up inside of me. The nerve. ;)
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    ANYTHING is better than Crocs!!!!!
  • joyzeejay
    joyzeejay Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Do you mean leggings like the ones I have in my profile pic? Then, yup! I wear them to the gym or when I'm out running when it's cold. In the summer and it's 1,000 degrees in the shade, I wear what my son calls "sminies" (small/tiny shorts--never had the nerve before, now I finally can!).
  • joyzeejay
    joyzeejay Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    But...I don't wear tights...don't like people to see stuff underneath...
  • whatshouldieat
    whatshouldieat Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    They should be outlawed, LOL.. How am I supposed to get a good work out in if you are bending, flexing and showing every curve and line off.
  • whatshouldieat
    whatshouldieat Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    What ever happen to the Richard Simmons work out clothes, LMAO!!
  • gkwatra
    gkwatra Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    But, when it looks like they over stuffed leaves into a lawn bag...No

LOL I just spit my invisible coffee everywhere. I never heard that analogy before.

Was in the Walmart parking lot the other day (why should I be surprised) when I saw a very overweight woman wearing very snug leopard skin-design tights/leggings and her T-shirt barely covered her stomach which was hanging out. I would dare to assume that that would be NO - but some guys might go for that ... you never know. :huh:
  • milf_n_cookies
    milf_n_cookies Posts: 2,244 Member
    Options
    Tights are not pants and should not be worn as pants!

tumblr_mepl3s8Wg41rm096qo1_250.gif

Tyler, I believe you're referring to leggings.

Makes me laugh every.single.time.
  • milf_n_cookies
    milf_n_cookies Posts: 2,244 Member
    Options
    Oh, and I look awesome in my running tights, I wear them all the time to the gym.
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    I wear them all the time. Actually, I made myself a couple of little running skirts to wear over them, mostly because it cracks me up to lift heavy in a skirt. Maybe I'm just easily amused. Either that, or I'm hilarious.
  • dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    I love a nice round *kitten* in tights. Now men in tights .....thats a different story. Moose knuckles scare me.

We're men, manly men. We're men in tights!
    zstnwn.jpg
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Spandex for the WIN!
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    This is my faaaavorite thing to wear to work out. Not too hot, not too cold, no chafing and no worrying about what might show if I bend over or spread my legs for some reason. And damn it, I look good in them, big butt and all.

V5-1221793-008_HTF.jpg

As far as out and about, well it doesn't look as slovenly as sweats or PJs, which seems to be the look of choice around here. Leggings? Looks a bit ridiculous when you aren't wearing something that will cover your butt, but whatever floats your boat.

LOVE these pants!!!

I own like 5 of these to workout in haha.

as for leggings for fashion I say yes as long as you wear it with a tunic that covers up tastefully :)
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    I'm so confused. I would call the fitted pants that you would wear to the gym tights. I have running tights, and Capri length tights I wear to the gym. I would refer to the ones you wear under a dress that are like pantyhose only darker/thicker would be leggings. Apparently I'm backwards.

I love my tights. It took me a long time to work up the courage to wear them but once I started running in the winter it was pretty much a necessity.

It's a pretty popular look at my gym. I haven't seen anything negative.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    Even though I'm at 218lbs, I wear yoga pants to the gym and I really don't care what anyone thinks, b/c one day, those jerky jocks who stare and point saying "look at that fat *kitten* in the yoga pants" will be saying "look at that fine *kitten* in the yoga pants".
  • futurehealthfreak
    futurehealthfreak Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I wear leggings to the gym. And I wear leggings as pants. Anyone who has the audacity to pick a fight with me about it needs to find something better to do with their time. I buy thick leggings, they aren't see through, and I wear the right panties so I never have an underwear line showing. However if a woman does, WHO CARES? She's not dressing to please you. If she's comfortable wearing whatever I would be uncomfortable wearing, more power to her. We all have different levels of what we think is acceptable for ourselves, but we have no right to say what someone else should or shouldn't wear. I'm a fan of leggings because I like tight things, they are more comfortable to me. Even day-to-day, skinny jeans won't cut it (thigh/waist proportions make them never fit right) unless I'm trying to look good for some reason. Frankly, I like my legs, and I don't see what the big deal is? I'm not trying to impress anyone, and I don't get any extra attention at the gym or elsewhere for wearing them. Leggings are basically my cold weather wardrobe, lol.
  • bostongrl13
    bostongrl13 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I wear Under Armour compression leggings and capris when I workout.

As long as it's not my moose knuckle hanging out in public, I could care less what anyone else wears to the gym.