Help- Not losing weight

Options
Hi-
I need some advice and help. I had my second child three months ago and am trying to lose the last 30lbs of the baby weight. I am slated to eat 1200 calories a day. I weigh and measure everything I eat. I also exercise (running) 3-4 a week with a heart rate monitor so I know how many calories I am burning. I eat back 75-100% of my exercise calories. I have not lost a single pound in the past three weeks. I feel beyond frustrated at why my body is holding the weight. I monitor my sodium, so I don't think that is it. Any one have any ideas? Should I not be eating all the exercise calories?
Thanks!

Replies

• foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Have you tried not eating your exercise calories? Works for some, doesn't work for me.
  • NicolaGoodyear
    Options
    Hiya i never eat my excersoze calories,im on 1200 a day-sometimes i struggle to eat them..but i know if i ate over 1200...thus using my excersize calories i wouldnt loose..ide probly gain...i would try not eating any of them and maybe eat them for treats at the weekend i reckon this will work for you hope this helps xx
  • Lakerfan
    Lakerfan Posts: 3
    Options
    First my disclaimer: I am by no means an expert otherwise I would not be on this site. That being said, I would not try to replace all of the calories burned durning excercise. Second, have you upped your water intake to accomodate for the excercise? For example, if you normally drink 8 cups a day, you should probably drink 12-16 per day with the excercise. Third, I recommend eating lite snacks at approximately the half way point between your main meals (celery and hummus, certain fruits, edamome, etc.) these are low calorie snacks that do not drastically impact your 1200 per day but they do add in proteins as well as help increase metabolism.

Hope this helps.

Good luck
  • pezperry5
    pezperry5 Posts: 21
    Options
    Try to eat your normal calories and not the exercise ones! Maybe you need to up your limit of your calories to something more healthy such as 1500! Your body does not lose weight rapidly if you starve yourself it just sends fat stores to the places that need it, so when you do eat your retaining the calories! Up your limit and see what happens. Also when fat changes to muscle the muscle weighs more, you might have a big loss next week. Save the exercise calories and use them for 1 blowout a week if you would prefer and stick to the healthy stuff! Limit bread intake and try and have veggies with proteins instead of carbs! Hope this helps. x x
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    sounds like you are getting below 1200 cals a day which could be starving your body causing you not to lose weight
  • wifeyplus6
    wifeyplus6 Posts: 28
    Options
    Are you Breastfeeding? I know that losing weight while nursing was near impossible for me...good luck!
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    I was going to ask the same question. I had my daugther 5 months ago and lost someof the weight quick, but the last 20lbs while nursing has been a challenge. I normally couldn't loose weight while nursing, but because of this site, I found that I just wasn't eating enough calories. Since I upped my calorie goal to 1300 and add 500 a day for nursing plus I eat most of my exercise calories, I have started losing about 1.2lbs per week. I know it sounds crazy and I fought it for a long time, but sometimes I eat even more because I feel hungry and still lose.

So, if you are nursing I will tell you, you definetely aren't eating enough calories.

If you are not nursing, then maybe you may want to try watching your protein and carb ratios. I find for me, a higher protein and lower carb diet works very well.

Also, I know some people that will stay below or at goal but eat high carb, high fat and nutritionally deficient foods. That surely isn't the way to go at all. But from what you stated, you sound like you are eating good foods.

I wish you the best!

I wish you the best!
  • brwneyes71
    brwneyes71 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I agree with pezperry try not to eat your workout calories only eat your daily calories. that is what i do and i have lost a total of 15 lbs. I workout 5 days a week sometimes 6 but it is very important that your your body gets time to rest in between workouts. I do try to give my body two days. But i diffintley give my body 1 day a week of rest. and i stay within my 1500 calories a day and i don't eat my workout calories ever. I drink lots of water and eat lots of fruit. These are just a few things that i do. I also change my workout each each so that my body doesn't get use to the workout and come to a hault. You have to shock your body every now and then. Good luck.