How many calories to eat?

Options
Okay this will probably be confusing. I started myfitnesspal 2 years ago, lost 45 pounds and kept it off for a year and a half. Recently I started getting lazy with working out and eating properly and I hate to say it gained 8 of the 45 pounds back. When I first started I was eating 1200 calories, when I wanted to maintain I slowly ate up to 1750 calories. Now I dont know how much to eat since I'm still in good shape and dont want to starve myself. How many calories would you suggest to start over again and get the last 8 pounds off again? Should I start all over at 1200?

Replies

• FireEngineRedHead
    FireEngineRedHead Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    *duck and cover for the mean people*
    Eat more than that, please. 1200 is not enough.
  • jennfranklin
    jennfranklin Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Figure out your TDEE then cut your calories about 20 to 30%. There are websites that will help you figure it out! I think this is the safest way because 1200 is not really enough for anyone!
  • SairahRose
    SairahRose Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    What everyone else said. TDEE-20%
    or BMR + exercise cals. Just make sure you set it properly, MFP tends to be a little off with that.

And don't beat yourself up about 8lb!

*hugs* Good luck with it :D
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    Since you have only 8lbs to lose, try TDEE-10-15%.

Go to www.fitnessfrog.com or www.fat2fitradio.com to determine your TDEE.
  • ewai05
    ewai05 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    1200 calories a day for most woman. If you do not exercise a lot 1200 calories is good. If you exercise a lot then you can eat more
  • ewai05
    ewai05 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    You eat more calories you need to increase more exercise
  • Ebwash89
    Ebwash89 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    What everyone else said. TDEE-20%
    or BMR + exercise cals. Just make sure you set it properly, MFP tends to be a little off with that.

And don't beat yourself up about 8lb!

*hugs* Good luck with it :D